• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Point of Beta Alanine?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Raleoxilevz, May 4, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Point of Beta Alanine?

Ok, But that study probably had them ending up with taking it at the end. 1.1lb lean muscle mass isn't that much of a difference. Plus when you do that on a run, you are more likely to go faster on it and if you get off it, you are probably more likely to be slower.

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Point of Beta Alanine?

I won't use that argument (although I very well could, I do have a scientific degree, I see how studies are conducted on a daily basis, it takes a lot more than a handful of recent studies to prove something... But I digress). Moving on: did you care to read the studies you just posted? Look at the third: "In conclusion, despite a trend toward lower fatigue rates during 60 seconds of maximal exercise, 3 weeks of beta-alanine supplementation did not result in significant improvements in fatigue rates during high-intensity anaerobic exercise". You just disproved yourself. Good night.

EDIT: Yes, you really disproved yourself. Take the time actually read the studies you're going to post before you regurgitate them.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Point of Beta Alanine?

This is literally one of the worst threads I have seen in this forum.

OP beta alanine is a rate limiter for carnosine production in the body. Taking beta alanine allows the body to produce more carnosine. Carnosine acts as a buffer in the muscle, preventing acidosis, which will let you bang out a few extra reps. It also has synergism with creatine. It's a great supplement.

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Point of Beta Alanine?

you just disproved yourself......

bro