• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Please critique and advise! (Photos)

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by Korporalegq, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

I am feeling a bit lost and directionless. I've still been training but not paying enough attention to diet, or having any proper goals. I need advice!! I've just uploaded new progress photos and will try to add them in this post too.

'One day' I would love to compete but don't think I'm there yet. I feel fairly ok with the pictures. I would like bigger rounder shoulders and arms and bigger more visible abs. I *STILL* have cellulite on the backs of my upper thighs and feel like my thighs are too big. It may just be loose skin I guess from when I was 240lbs which may never go I suppose. I want to get a rounder backside.

I am currently 130lbs at 5'8" so don't think I need to get any smaller?

Please go to town and be brutally honest. I would really appreciate any training and diet/calorie level advice and critique on what I need to work on if I ever want to actually compete. Thankyou

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Please critique and advise! (Photos)

You know the answer. It's time to bulk! Have you ever done Layne Norton's PHAT routine?

3. Korporalegq

Congrats on the weightloss!
      130lbs is probably as low as you want to go for your height; you reall need to eat at a surplus and lift heavy to achieve your desired look, you are currently borderline 'skinny fat' which is why you aren't becoming more muscular as you are no doubt eating at a deficit.

What is your lifting routine?
      What are you current macros?

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

No - but I'm reading all about it now!

I probably currently eat only about 1500 - 1800 calories (I know, I know...) but I think I'm in a place where i can improve that now. I bulked a couple of years ago at about 2800 cals so need to push that up. I almost always get in 100+ grams of protein a day - that is very deeply ingrained in my habits!

Routine wise I've been doing a 3 day split for months. Legs, Back & abs and arms/shoulders. Generally do 3-4 exercises per body part 8-12 rep range. It is definitely time to shake things up.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

bulk and phat as FBM suggested. I had fun with phat sadly can't dedicate time to it anymore

6. Brenner

Brenner Well-Known Member

Gosh, you're really lean. I'm just thinking what 10lbs of muscle would look like on you! I think you've got a great physique and are ready to bulk up for sure. And since you're close to my age, I'll be watching your progress closely!

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I've been reading your posts for a couple of years now and I think you've made remarkable progress. It's hard to believe you were once the weight you were! Major props to you.

You're lean; perfect to start a bulk. I bulked and did PHAT for 16 weeks or so and had good results. I put on approx. 12 lbs and I think made some decent gains. It's quite a trip to gain on purpose. I wish my fat gains would not have been so consolidated to my azz/thighs; I may have stuck it out longer. I was really happy with hamstrings, back, shoulders, arms.

Give it a go and good luck!

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Thanks - do you mind if I ask what your calorie range was? Did you feel you gained too fast?

9. Korporalegq

I'm shorter, got 10 years on you, and I am a desk jockey and I ate about 2,150. I didn't do a lick of cardio.

The beginning was pretty intimidating because I was gaining about 1 pound per week for the first 6 weeks, too fast for my comfort zone, but it finally did settle down and did wonders for my metabolism. Afterwards I could eat at 2K/cal daily without gaining.

If there ever is a next time, I will tweak calories more as I bulk, as some days I am super active and others I am slug-like. I also had 2 trips during the bulk where I was inactive and had total disregard for calories = not ideal. Ah, but I had fun and the fat came off pretty easily.

ETA: Take a look at stephanielynn's before and after. The growth in her quads was pretty terrific.

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Wow... thanks for the mention TPW! I agree with what everyone else has suggested Hannah73Louise! You've gotten some great advice from people who know their stuff!