• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Plateau at 1600cals? Need to lower?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by casse, Apr 19, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Plateau at 1600cals? Need to lower?

I got what you are saying bro. It's just crazy to think you are hitting 1600 a day and not losing weight. If you drop to 1000 calories you are going to

a) be miserable
      b) lose any and all muscle mass

And for the past 8 months you've done this? It's time to re-evaluate what you intake.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

If you don't have a set meal plan I wouldn't tell you to go down to 1350-1400 cal levels. If you're going to those calories you really should have a written plan that you follow every day to make sure you're hitting your macros perfectly (it most certainly can be done, it's just not fun).

But yes those low of calorie levels are often needed to go from low bodyfat to shredded levels at the 145-155 lb bw range.

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

The likelihood of you plateauing at 1600 calories is incredibly small. You'd have to have a very low LBM, activity level, and probably be female. How tall are you?

Either you're eating too much, or you're closing in on the single digits, which is weightloss tends to slow; it would still be measurable, however, just not as quickly as you're used to. If the latter is true, consider a carb cycle. If not, reduce intake by a couple hundred, and see how your body reacts.

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

6 foot zero. I have gone from 210-153 (lowest) in 8 months. BF% is at 14%. I guess its just because my major problem area is my chest. Not really really fat but a few pockets which are unpleasant. The thing that gets me is that is has been ranging from 153-158lbs for two months; cant get below that threshold.

Should I start a short carb cycle? For about a week just eat at maintenance?