• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • PAst noob gains, no decent muscle, cutting

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by suighja, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

PAst noob gains, no decent muscle, cutting

You only really need to worry about loose skin if you're older and/or extremely overweight, when you lose weight your skin will shrink with it given enough time to do so. The problems with loose skin are normally caused by people dropping lots of weight far faster than body can adjust to or simply by having so much skin that it's unrealistic to ever lose it all.

If you've lost muscle then you should lift while you cut, noob gains aren't technically exclusive to the very first time you start lifting in the sense that if you've had more muscle in the past and lost it then you'll still be able to get it back faster than someone who had say been lifting for years and was trying to make the same gains as you.

You mention August (holiday I'm guessing) so you've still got lots of time to go, don't really see the point in just dieting and doing cardio for 5-6 months and ending up skinny fat when you could diet, get enough protein and at the very least preserve what you have or even make gains if you're starting over.

2. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

PAst noob gains, no decent muscle, cutting

Yes... this. Also, what below poster said... noob gains hapen again after a layoff. So if you haven't lifted in months, you will get noob gains again.

The only reason I posted what I did is cuz you said you don't care about the way you look... I assumed the weight loss was for health reasons or something. I'd also note that aside from looking good, resistance training has health benefits as well (for bone health e.g., the vascular stress of heavy lifting is comparable to that of HIIT).

But, if you're cutting to "look good," then lifting is definitely essential.