• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • On the scale too much?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by fourmatic, Apr 18, 2013.

1. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

My mom and I were having a discussion which boiled down to this. She weights herself every day, on days she didn't do as well she gets discouraged and maybe skips the gym or eats a little more poorly that day. I feel that you shouldn't weight yourself anymore than once or twice a month, so you can almost fake yourself into believing (be cause you are eating right and exercising a lot) that you're doing amazing. Keeping a positive attitude and believing the scale will reflect that when you do eventually get on it.

What do you guys think?

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Weighing yourself every day is unnecessary because your body weight will naturally fluctuate. My mum is trying to lose weight and I advise her to weigh once a week on an empty stomach. This gives her a good idea on her progress.

3. abetterme

abetterme Member

Over the years, I've gone back and forth on when to weigh. Then, a few months ago I started tracking my weight daily. What I like about it is although I fluctuate a lot, if I weigh myself every day it keeps my desire for weight loss fresh on my mind. It can get discouraging if one is eating well and working out, but the scale does not reflect it. However, it does yield information over time, especially if you track your foods daily also. You will soon be able to see what foods can cause water weight or what times of the month you are prone to retaining water. So, I guess I like to see the long term patterns.

4. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I think it is much better to weigh yourself every month or every two months.
      Many people weight themselves every week and sometimes when we have our "cheat days" we seem to out on extra weight but then we lose it so unfortunately when people see they went up they get really down on the sees and they end up eating more.