• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Nuts

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

Walnuts, almonds, cashews or peanuts? I like walnuts which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids (ALA). On the other hand, almonds are not only quite high in protein (about 20%), but also high in fiber. Which nuts do you prefer?

2. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

Um I love walnuts but hate having to crack them.. Cashews are like a weakness because I can sit there and eat an entire tin. Peanuts im the same way and almonds I just recently started eating.. After about 3 They taste good but the first couple I hate the taste Lol

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

Taste-wise, I like cashews the most. But I really like having a couple brazil nuts a day for all the selenium. I also try to include walnuts as well for the health benefits, but they aren't my favorite. I love almond & peanut butter as well (but in moderation).

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Walnuts are not rich in omega-3, they are rich in omega-6. Walnuts do contain lower amounts of omega-6 compared to other nuts but they should still be eaten in moderation.

5. lalucien

lalucien Active Member

I love cashews but, I seem to find that they give me a funny headache. It doesn't hurt really, my head just feels a bit spaced and floaty like I'm drowsy and there's a little bit of an achy feeling.
      Anyone got an idea?

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why cashews are giving you a headache and I don't see why they would make you feel spaced out, that's very odd. Are you sure it's the cashews and not something else to do with your diet? How many cashews are you eating?

7. Sizzling

Sizzling Member

I like trail mix, a mix of all! I believe in moderation and variety is key to every diet. Eating a lot of one food doesn't seem like a very balanced meal.

8. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

Cashews are my favorite!
      I personally would like any type of nut if it is covered in chocolate. Chocolate in moderation is not that bad for you so therefore why not add it with a healthy type of nut. I just love to eat this type of snack when I am on the go because they surprisingly give a lot of energy and if I eat a handful of them I feel the same boost of energy that a cup of coffee would give me.
      They are a great alternative!