• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • New to BBing, looking for a gym in Whitefield Manchester or surrounding areas.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by remstation, Jul 19, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Hey, i'm new to all of this and i was just wondering how can i find gyms in my area that are actually decent with the required equipment?

When i go on Google, generally the only things that are coming up are gyms such as FitnessFirst and i've been to it before and all it had was an extremely small weight area.
      It didn't have a squat rack, it was so small it was impossible to do deadlifts in and it had 2 benches that were always full.
      I go on Youtube however and there is huge gyms in other cities with like 10 squat racks, absolute dozens of benches and tons of area for doing deadlifts etc and great equipment.

.. Yet i can't find any gyms like that at all nearby. I also don't have a car so the only places i around here i could go is bury, whitefield, preswitch.
      If anyone could help me out, i'd appreciate it. thanks.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

New to BBing, looking for a gym in Whitefield Manchester or surrounding areas.

welcome mate

3. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Nice to c ya to c ya nice(TM)

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

This gym isn't too far from you

Body Matters Gym Ltd
      Unit 60 Hooley Bridge Mill, Bamford Road, Heywood, OL10 4AG

i've been with Milky and Dave and its a belting gym

5. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Welcome mate

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Welcome neighbour! I'm currently at total fitness whitefield but I don't really like it there anymore looking at moving soon

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

That gym you mentioned Liam looks great when i checked their website. I was actually going to start boxing and doing bjj and it has both of them there including judo and wrestling. (I've always wanted to do them also.) It's also got a cage!

When i looked at the gallery for the gym however, i couldn't see any squat racks/power racks or anything? Are they there? Thanks for the gym btw, it's only 5 miles from me which i could easily ride on my bike too.

Edit: Ah, total fitness. I actually go to klick fitness(use to be fitnessfirst whitefield) next to it(doing alot of cardio to lose weight :p). As mentioned though, it's got barely any room and not alot of equipment. I really want to start powerlifting etc which is impossible to do here.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Last edited by DLayfield; 20-07-2012 at 11:24 AM.

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

yes mate they have squat racks etc. Pretty much have everything you need. Message Milky and he'll give you more info on it

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll definetly be checking that gym out then. I thought finding a gym like that would be impossible around here. ;p