• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Neigbours building work

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by baletki, Jun 9, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I live next to a nursing home which is currently having an extension i came home the other day to find they had put scaffolding up and had put footing poles on my drive without asking me i then went in my kitchen and realised they have also put them in my back garden as you can imagine i wasnt very happy about this they have also put poles into the 100 year old stone wall between our property's which i own. I went round and spoke to them and the owner has since sent me a letter appologising saying he thought the builders had asked my permission and could they put some staberlising poles on to my garage roof and any damage will be fixed. My question is should i tell them to take it down, charge them for taking the **** and using my property or just put up with it

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

Take plenty of decent pictures first!!

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

Take pictures, then depending on whether your willing to put up with it either leave it or ask them to take it down. You're perfectly within your rights to ask them to remove the scaffolding if it's on your property.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

hmmm classic case of trespass if ever i heard one. There is such as a thing as an access order which they should have applied for- unless you gave them permission first.
      Clear tresppass such as this you are well within your rights to ask them to remove all the scaffolding. My view would be you ask them to pay you a concession- ie renting them the land on which their scaffold is on. This would need proffesionally drafting within which would be clear parameters-

-duration
      -concession arrangement
      -public liability insurance on the part of the builder to insure all your property
      -works gaurantee on any remedial works they may have to under take on your land

Soo much to think about but i would not take that lying down- what if they damage your drive etc etc- yes you have a verbal arrangement and ok under law they would be responsible for any damage but still- that is a lot of hassle.

Charge em 60 quid a week.

Ever heard of oversailing rights? same principle but even less of a trespass as in teh present case- there are certain developers that pay 'rent' to oversail properties with their crane jibs.

5. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

What a bunch of ****s, I'd take them on, get them removed and compensation.

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

meet in the middle - dont let them put them on drive ect, but sdont be a **** about it.
      they'd only cause you more greif if you go guns blazing.

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

yes they should have asked you but dont get too carried away, they,ve said that if they damage anything they,ll replace it so get that in writing.
      i doubt they would be willing to pay you for a few tubes on your land, and if you get them to take it down you are just costing someone money for the sake of it. i think you should accept their apology and let them get on with it. remember you may want some work done yourself in future

8. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

This.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

Cheers for the advice chaps I have in writing that any damage will be repaired the main thing that I'm annoyed about is the fact they went into my back garden moved my grass box and compost to put the scaffolding up may be I'm just being petty

10. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Neigbours building work

Not a case of being petty- your not- the principle stinks, they dont have the decency to ask you? they know where you live after all its not hard. I think you are opening youself up for a shafting. You dont need to be a knob but you need to be assertive and cover you bum.

compost- hope you use your compost on your veg patch.