• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need help reducing Carbs!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I want to reduce my carbs in my diet right down for the next four weeks.

My goal is to strip the last bit of fat I have but I don't want to lose muscle mass.

Current diet:

8:30 - Wake - Protein shake with water immediately.

9:15 - 3 eggs - 2 wholemeal toast - glass of orange juice.

(whilst I eat my breakfast I prepare either: 2 tins of tuna and 1 pack of uncle bens wholemeal rice split evenly into two Tupperware containers OR 2 chicken breasts and 1 rice split into the two containers)

12.00 - one of the above meals

15:00 - the other of one of the above meals

18:00 - Chicken breast with veg and new potatoes OR fish and new potatoes OR some kind of beef and veg and new potatoes

21:00 - Casein shake - hand full of nuts.

23:00 - 1/2 tub cottage cheese on riveta's

I stick religiously to this diet, my cheat day is probably once a week whilst doing the shopping I buy a twirl and eat that at the checkout...

I train:

Monday - Resistance training
      Tuesday - Cardio
      Wednesday - Resistance training
      Thursday - Cardio
      Friday - Resistance training
      Saturday - Cardio
      Sunday - Rest

Cardio is 45-1hour HIIT mixed with some jogging at the beginning and end.
      Resistance training I change up all the time to try and keep my body guessing all the time but always keep deads, squats, flat bench press and chins in.

Basically how would I best modify that diet to lower carbs so I can strip fat easier?

- I know the obvious answer is reduce the carbs, but I'm not sure how, as I feel if I just took the carbs out of that diet, I wouldn't hardly be eating any food!?

Will it means that I HAVE to suffer a loss of muscle gains?

Will I not be able to go as hard on resistance days because I have a lack of energy?

If any one can answer any or all of these questions i'd really appreciate it.

AND I have been researching this on google and things like that before any one says do your research! but, always best to get some direct responses to a question rather than trying to fit another scenario to my individual need.

Cheers

2. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Need help reducing Carbs!!!!!!

You do 45-1hour HIIT????

Are yo serious? 25 min max to really hit it hard!!!

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Personally l would cut out the pots at 18.00 for starters.

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

he must be fit as fcuk.. or not actually doing hiit correctly ..

and like milky says just cut the potatoes out or wome of your rice.. it should be easy for you as you look like you have a pretty well planned out diet, to just cut carbs out of one meal or until you start getting the desired results

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Personally I lost a lost of fat with no noticeable loss of muscle by simply making sure I was in a caloric deficit (for me it was about 700 calories a day), but keeping my protein above 220g.. I didn't really notice a difference with lower or high carbs (with the same deficit)

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Some people are great with carbs before bed, l for one am not.

7. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

me neither mate !!!

8. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I was trying to keep it deliberately short, it's not HIIT in its pure form, I just didn't want to write out my entire cardio session and bore everyone, but seeing as I got called out on it...

I do jogging, then go into hill sprints, then suicides and shuttles, jogging inbetween but also having rest periods - it's kind of my own thing but it works really well for me personally, especially for explosive power in sport.

I was hoping it was that simple! Is it going to mean i'll be drained and not able to smash my gym sessions as hard though?

I did work all my RMR and stuff out, but I then couldn't find out how many kcals were in all my food (as some dont have labels etc) and then it became a lot like being on weight watchers or something, so I gave in. But, I may just reduce kcals using guess work until I just start losing weight faster...

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

It wont affect your workouts mate as l am guessing the last meal is Post work out.

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

yes obviously use your brain bro and dont reduce carbs from anything around your workout.. but more for later on in the day

and yes it really is that simple bro. only do it little by little though as said until you get desired result

Tags: