• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need a good workout for my GF

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by parnassto, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Need a good workout for my GF

she tried a class out and didnt like it. i dont blame her, ive never seen a class that would be a good workout and actually fun lol i think classes are becoming the "im fat and just wanna feel like im doing something at the gym" easy way out type of thing ya know?

i just love how nobody wants to answer my original question lol!!

2. Korporalegq

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its because none of us do the type of workout you are talking about.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

No headchopping here. I think yoga could be a nice complement to the lifting as far as engaging her core and providing flexibility.

And yes, we are inclined to think that posts beginning with "so I have a gf" are started by well-meaning idjits because, sadly, many of them are. There are a lot of guys who haven't quite grasped that women's muscles aren't going to spontaneously combust upon contact with anything that's not a cardio machine (though, to be fair, a lot of women seem to have this same belief).

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

yea, i mean weights are what women should be using no doubt. How bout an ab workout?
      yea, ill mention yoga but shes more of a cardiokickboxing type girl haha no lie, shes a tough ass girl.... maybe i need to get a punching bag lol

and yea, i thought i prefaced it right with (she does my fkin 4 day body building split with weights) lol guess not

5. Korporalegq

Kickboxing could be a good option. To be honest, it seems like you already have an idea of what you're looking for and we're just not making the connection. If she's looking for an activity that will elevate her heartrate and still involve some strengthening movements, look into options like kickboxing, crossfit, or the more active types of yoga that focus on strength rather than meditation. If she wants straight-up cardio, there's zumba, spinning or cardio dance class sorts of things (though, as you said, those are pretty iffy).

It's great that you're asking this for her, but it might be more helpful to have her actually describe what she's looking for.

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Not to be an ass but ive ruled out classes, and ive asked the same question twice already.
      1. shes not into them and i dont blame her
      2. shes gonna be doing this when classes arent offered anyways (late at night)

I want to know a few fun, engaging, exercises that focus on lower body coordination, core contraction, and balance that she can do by herself that arent extremely difficult either.

Tags: