• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Milk for milk shakes

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

What kind of milk do you use to make your shake? I mean, beside cow milk? What else do you use? I've heard some people use almond milk.

2. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

Water milk LOL j/k If i workout at night I just use water for my shakes so it becomes slow digested but anytime during the day I use 1%, Never even tried almond milk before. I did have a soy milk once that was chocolate that wasnt the best but it wasnt very good either. Def wouldnt waste my protein in it haha

3. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

I have been contemplating on whether to add milk to my shakes. I just add water every time. The next time I make a protein shake I will use 1% milk and see how I like it. nine times out of ten the taste is going to be better, but we will see.

4. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

If you ever want a good shake, grab a blender.. (I bought a magic bullet just for this)
      1 - 1 1/2 Cup(s) Milk
      1 - 1 1/2 Cup(s) Frozen Berries
      1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
      1 - 2 Scoop(s) Protein Powder (Chocolate, Vanilla, Ext.)

Blend this and it will thicken
      Tastes Like heaven :D

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I try to avoid cow's milk so I use almond, soy or hemp milk mostly. I always look for the unsweetened kinds. For a while, I was using dark chocolate almond milk with chocolate whey protein powder and it was a pretty good combination. However, I stopped because of the sugar content.

6. bsge11

bsge11 Member

I also use almond milk. Almond milk in general is so good and delicious. Adding it with milkshake makes it even more tasteful. Of course, I also sometimes use 2% whole milk, when I'm out of almond milk.

7. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I don't drink milkshakes but if I was going to make one I would use whole milk. If I wanted to make a Paleo milkshake I would use fresh fruit and maybe some coconut milk instead of the dairy.

8. lalucien

lalucien Active Member

I have completely stopped having cows milk and have swapped over to the alpro range of almond and hazlenut milks which are awesome as they contain only the nut and plant extracts so are completely natural and have many antioxidant properties. Plus they are 100% soya free.

9. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I use organic milk with my milk shakes.
      I find that it tastes the best and although it is pricey I know that I am getting a high quality product. You really can't put a price tag on health and that is really how I view things.

10. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of almond milk at all, I don't think it's particularly healthy and it contains nasty artificial ingredients.

Organic milk is a good choice, especially if you live in the US where cows are routinely pumped with antibiotics.