• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Metabolic rate- heat - simple system when cutting /du bois

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by remstation, Aug 14, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

This is a common theme every summer, how do i cut! As i feel far too much emphasis is put on drugs! Firstly u need to know your body so hope this helps.

When rack and I began our journey it was clear two things, his metabolic rate was shocking. Probably a thyroid malfunction from years of eating habits, stims et al .

His body temp was low , 35's even on stims,T-drugs, and he was seldom hot.

Was clear a system must b used to
      A. Ramp up his activity
      B. kick start his thyroid naturally ( pointless adding in t3 as where do u go come diet time?)
      C. Add muscle

Now iv been ribbed for talking about set points but it is very valid.
      The heat a body gives off is a clear factor in burning calories at rest which is crucial to diets as your time in gym is minute compared to the other 22+ hours your body is going

Gym time actually burns off a fraction of your fat an daily calories

I used this scale to predict the activity rack did then how to alter it

Called the du bois scale / heat area
      The metabolic rate, or human body heat production, is often measured in the unit "Met". The metabolic rate of a relaxed seated person is one (1) Met, where

1 Met = 58 W/m2 (356 Btu/hr)

The mean surface area, the Du-Bois area, of the human body is approximately 1.8 m2 (19.4 ft2). The total metabolic heat for a mean body can be calculated by multiplying with the area. The total heat from a relaxed seated person with mean surface area would be

58 W/m2 x 1.8 m2 = 104 W (356 Btu/hr)

Metabolic rates for some common activities:

See this link : http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/me...ate-d_733.html

When this was implemented was easy to go about resetting things but scientifically not just thinking what active pursuits would work.
      Can't guess as when you need to change a variable helps to have an accurate idea .

Next was to work out his basal metabolic rate. That which his body expends calories to maintain vital functions

Now to diet someone his never been lean u need this heat!
      So let's make em eat as we know not eatin slows metabolisms.

So we look at absorptive and post absorptive energy/heat!
      Absorbtive is where the body I generating the hear via the absorption after digestion of nutrients ingested . Note: this lasts four hours so a lot of god can be done.

The, 'Postabsorptive,' state usually occurs during the late morning, afternoon hours, and overnight when a person hasn't eaten for four or more hours. During the postabsorptive state the person's stomach and small intestine are empty and their metabolic requirements must be met from energy that has been stored.

So key was
      A. Force feed rack with meals not shakes to ramp up his heat
      B. get him more active at times he'd be passive
      C. Build large amounts of muscle which would require feeding and become a furnace for his body!

So over the 5-7 months we did this. His temp rose to between 37.7 and 38.3 drug free

Wr went from just over 15st to a high of 18st

Weights lifted, volume of sessions (cumulative poundage) and amount of weekly sessions rose, so what we did was create a new metabolism.

This has carried over.
      Racks alway red hot dieting where before he wasn't.
      We actually increased carbs at the 12 week point as his metabolism was racing and the carbs gave energy to hit bigger weights and build more muscle which burns calories at rest and generates more HEAT

The body is a total state. Like any city. U need to work back to work forward with people with stubborn weight factors.

Nb
      Water consumption is a must
      Specific heat capacity is The specific heat is the amount of heat per unit mass required to raise the temperature by one degree Celsius.

So by increasing hydration you adequately supply the body with enuff water to generate this process of heat!

Thermogenics. Heat is your friend, energy expenditure from a stubborn state is easy

Hope this gives some food for thought.

2. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Metabolic rate- heat - simple system when cutting /du bois

Last edited by dutch_scott; Today at 09:19 AM.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Now everyone knows just what, why and how I'm now makin the progress I am. Nothin scott or I have done has been guess work or lucky. We both have logs noting every single thing we've done over the last 14months of workin together and I've leanrt more than ever.

Hope the above helps a few people understand things more

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Now everyone knows just what, why and how I'm now makin the progress I am. Nothin scott or I have done has been guess work or lucky. We both have logs noting every single thing we've done over the last 14months of workin together and I've leanrt more than ever.

Hope the above helps a few people understand things more

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Saves a lot of questions!
      Not bad for guess work and winging it!

#predictions

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Good post Scott!

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

That's some complicated stuff there! I'm always boiling hot but got a poor metabolic rate thyroid problems run in my family and so does cancer and diabetes i'm screwed , but i have no signs of these problems so far. So i have a not very active lifestyle other than working out so increasing my activity will increase my Metabolic rate slightly? Any other stuff I could do to help ramp it up?

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Try things line iodine, sea kelp , natural thyroid support!

Try splitting meals up and also try even climbing a set of stairs Pre meal
      Tiny micro factors effect heat internally

If u take thyroid meds take them in the am as poor/slow digestion at night decreases effectively the impact

Switch to a higher gi diet as the energy will be utilised quicker

If I'm dieting I start off on high gi foods and make sure post meals I'm active and get a huge surge (heat)

Eat food then look to amplify the heat via activity
      High gi lends itself better to this

Worked a treat for rack
      No sight of burnout as we actually added carbs added cals and stim use is basic!

No need for heavy eff and dnp use

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Thanks pal . Different ideas hopefully explained before during after.

10. vergeeld

vergeeld Well-Known Member

After eating high gi carbs I go really really tired food in general makes me tired. If i increase my activity after eating i don't know maybe throw a slight jog in maybe that could help alot as i will get the urge to go sit down and sleep.