• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Meat

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

Another important queston: what kind of meat is the best and most beneficial for bodybuilders? And how often it should be eaten?

2. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

Everyone says red meat or lean meat but that is a good question. In general I think any meat with high protein would be good for your body.

3. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

The majority of your protein and fat should come from meat. The quality of the meat is important, try to buy pastured meat because it is better for you. I don't know where you live but cows are mostly grass-fed here in England. Pastured and organic meat is the best option because animals raised on their natural diet are healthier and thus healthier for you.

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

Is chicken good? Chicken is my favourite meat, please say it is good. :p

5. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

I think if it is white meat it is fine. Actually the dark meat may be alright too. My mom always wanted me to eat the white meat like breasts and wings.

6. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

Chicken is excellent, along with lean beef, fish, deer ( its in season :p ) Are all good choices! Mix it up have fun with it! Nom nom nom meat!

7. chea

chea Member

Chicken and Fish are both really great for building muscle. I'd say those are the best for bodybuilding.

8. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Well, chicken is high in protein, good for muscle building. The problem with chicken is that it is high in omega-6 so you shouldn't really eat the fact. It's a shame because I think the crispy chicken skin is the most flavoursome part.

So remove the fact when you eat chicken.
      I prefer red meat because it offers more nutrients and you can eat the healthy saturated fats.