• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Martial Arts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jailynn24hb, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Who's into there Martial arts here i am currently a brown and white in shotokan karate , bloody love it get such a buzz from it , i do this twice a week tuesday and thursday 3.5 hours each time as i help teach the juniors and train in the seniors

Scoob

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

I used to do Shotokan years ago and got to brown belt. Stopped after an incident in training fcuked my knee up. Knee is fine now but every now and again i knock it in just the precise point of the injury and i still feel it....

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

should join back up dude i gave it up for 7 years and only just started up again in april want to get to black belt to reprsent a mate that died from cancer as he use to train 7 days a week 24/7 , plus when u hit black belt thats when u start to learn as white to brown and double white is just basics

4. jailynn24hb

Martial Arts

Sorry to hear about your mate. Good that you've started back up again and kept your belt. Did you keep your original grading book or have things moved on since i did shotokan all them years ago?

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

I've trained every day, 365 days a year since I was a child lol

Can just see this thread turning into a "Martial arts dont work" - "Size beats techique" blah blah

Most people study an art half heartedly for a few years and then stop thinking that will do them and will still help them after 20 years of doing nothing, it's a life time endeaver, you can't "Play about" with the idea, if you want to be good you have to be dedicated, multiple times a day, marinate in it, for your entire life.

6. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

Last edited by BoxerJay; Today at 12:58 AM.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

it's ok mate my was of paying respect to him as he loved karate 24/7 and he was only 35 when he passed away :(

i Kept my grading book and my belt ihad to get a new gee though as my one was only a lightweight one so i purchased a heavy weight one , just had to update my photo and get more insurace for it ,

one of the main reasons why i joined this forum and to join the gym was to get strength and power for techniques in karate =]

8. jailynn24hb

Martial Arts

You've never had 1 single day off? Ever??? Never once have you had a day off????? Not 1 teeny tiny little day off ever????????

There's commitment right there. Well done mate

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

Christmas day last year I still went running, stretched, bodyweight exercises, shadow boxed. A day hasn't passed in at least the last what, 6 years? That I haven't done the bare minimum each day

It's a lifestyle and I'm utterly addicted, on my break in work I will do pressups, shadow box, isometrics in the staff room when no one is around lol

If i'm not doing something physical I'm watching or reading about it, currently reading the art of war for what must be the 10th time :p

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Martial Arts

Last edited by BoxerJay; Today at 01:02 AM.

Tags: