• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Late night workout better than none at all?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Sarasmiles, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Sarasmiles

Sarasmiles New Member

I like to lift weights between three and five times per week, supplemented with some cardio. If I haven't had a chance to work out yet at all today and it's almost 11pm, should I call it a day or try to lift for at least 45 minutes before bed? I will sleep well so I'm not concerned with that. Any advice is appreciated, thank you for sharing. :)

2. Remarkabull22

Remarkabull22 Active Member

If you know you can get some sleep and don't go to bed a sweaty mess, go for it! Your body will need nourishment and sleep to recover, but if you can get those two as well then it really shouldn't be a problem.

3. Sonjiska

Sonjiska Member

No, it is never smart to do hard exercise before going to bed. Your body will through too big of a contrast, from sweating, to not moving at all in bed. This can have a "negative points" effect.

4. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Well, honestly, I think some lightweight exercise would be better to do than non at all, because at least you'll be assured that you did something. But too much of it may not be a good idea.

5. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Maybe using small sets of these: [​IMG]

6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I really try to avoid late night exercise. Lifting weights especially. It messes up with my whole body and all the systems in it. I am all wired up when I need to sleep and sometimes I get arrhythmia or some other heart issue. I guess my body feels confused. It is time to sleep and mechanism are going towards that but adrenalin and some other stuff, I guess, in my body are blocking that and it is really a bad experience for me. Sometimes in the summer I go for a light jog, do some stretching or a light yoga training and that is it.

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Active Member

I actually feel like I'm missing something if I go to bed at night without exercising. I need to at least have 15 minutes to an hour of cardio so I can feel "normal" about my daily activities. If I become busy all day, I usually do it before I brush my teeth at night, right before going to bed. I dunno, it's just routine stuff for me I guess, and missing it would be the abnormal thing to happen.

Tags: