• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Lack of support from friends and family

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by masoven4u, Mar 8, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Lack of support from friends and family

Same as me mate i think i must have 2 people that have told me to keep going the rest think its a waste of time and money just follow your dreams and you will find that you can do all this on your own

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

My mother is like my brother, skinny and naturally fit, and my stepdad used to be fit, but above the age of 50 has decided to age gracefully and have a beer belly. I think I did my family a disservice in that last post. They have said how they think I have done really well at times and that its a stark change form what I was. It's this whole new eating 5-6 times a day, loads of protein and no carbs that they can't get their heads around. We always usedot eat together and now we don't and I guess that's strange to them. I've tried to explain it to them and they say ok i gfet it, but then a week later they'll be complaining again. I guess it'll take time, when I am what I want to be and have got through sandhurst and are fit as f*** they'll be all smiles then I hope!

A note on my housemates, they're all wannabe gym goers, who believe that they know what they are doing, they try to tell me that what I am doing is wrong etc. and that squatting is a waste of time. I tried to argue how olympic lifting was one of the most effective ways to train by using stages of it etc, but they wouldn't listen. I took one of them for a session the other day and tried to correct his body movement as he was very inflexible and was going to injure himself with poor technique, but he wouldnt listen. I guess I'm fighting a losing battle, but sod them, they have all got beer bellies and lack any real strength!

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

i don't have any support either. nor from family,friends or co-workers.make me just train even harder,and eat even stricter. fukc e`m

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Listen Tom
      The only question you got to ask yourself is this:
      When your sat in your rocking chair at 80 years old walking down memory lane thinking about what you did do, could of done and didn't do, who's going to care what answer choose? NO ONE that's who no one except you!

You don't need to validate your life or how you choose to live it to anyone you know why? because it's yours that's right yours! not your mothers, not your brothers, not your sisters, not your mates, not the person judging you in the street, yours! So you live it the way you want cause the only person you got to justify it to is you.

Also people who critizie guys like you are simply refusing to put their own house in order because it far easier to bury their head in the sand and sl*g off others.

F*uck them all and do whatever makes you happy!

5. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

simole fella, your goals arent theres, i was at uni and know the type, i didnt workout then but admired the dedication of alot of the weight trainers who would stay of drink and keep a diet while i was drinking and eating crsppy kebabs 24/7, its what got me into it...only worry about yourself and your own happyness, i get constant crap from my mates bout my diet and training yet every single one has approached me about helping them get inshape...look after number 1...and your progress is something to be proud of fella keep it up