• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Jogging to lose weight

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Zest, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Angelle

Angelle Member

Jogging is a great way to lose weight! Anything that has to do with cardio can hep someone lose weight. I think one would need to look at the amounts of foods they eat. If one jogged for an hour then they could possibly lose a pound a day but if they are over eating or eating things that are high in calories then there's a change that will stay the same weight. Jog for an hour or an hour and a half to see results.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Jogging is not a great way to lose weight. You would need a serious amount of jogging, an unhealthy amount, for it to significantly burn fat.

Studies have shown high intensity training like sprinting is far superior for burning fat.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

Jogging and or running is of course one of the best ways to lose weight in my opinion.
      The key is to keep your body moving so if you ran for about 2-4 hours each week I am sure that you could lose up to 5 pounds.
      It is a great method of losing weight or toning up your body.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Jogging isn't one of the best ways to lose weight. You would need to do a counterproductive amount of jogging to lose a significant amount of weight. Studies have shown high intensity cardio is much more effective for fat burning.