• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Intermittent fasting - Has anyone one tried it???

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by baletki, Jul 23, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

One of the hottest concepts out right now in terms of nutrition is IF, aka Intermittent Fasting. This new idea is very controversial to say the least, as it goes against the grain of traditional eating as we know it in the fitness world. So to get started let’s answer what is intermittent fasting?
      To break it down simple stupid, intermittent fasting is nothing more than fasting in a structured time format each day. This means you will be fasting – not eating – for a period ranging from 16-36 hours pending on which format you choose all having various benefits. Think of it like interval training when you are working out. Intermittent fasting is interval training when you are eating.

Has anyone tried this method before??? i know a guy at the gym that is doing this and he says it is working great he is losing weight keeping size and strength.

Any views on it??

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Intermittent fasting - Has anyone one tried it???

No but very interested in the topic...

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I've been doing this over the last couple of months. Was at 20% body fat due to a dirty bulk lol(put on weight during my partners pregnancy, too many take away curry's!). This works really well for me and am at 11% body fat now. I last ate 15 hours ago.

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

So how long do you fast for before eating?? and how many meals do you eat within that time?

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

i have tried intermittent fasting yes, dont know what u want to know about it as your writing is too small i cant read it. Good day sir

6. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

On gym days it depends. As an average I would say 18-20 hours. I don't feel like I'm starving myself as I eat a decent amount within the time frame I have from leaving the gym and going to bed.

7. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Ive been doing doing it for the last 2-3 months or so. I find it easy to follow and pretty effective. I eat from 2-8 each day fitting in 3 big meals.

Found it hard for the first 2-3 weeks, felt tired and lethargic, put it down to my body adjusting to the fasting but dont think the fact I was on a low carb diet helped.

But now that Ive been doing it for a while I feel great gonna stick to it for by lean bulk. Now Im back off holiday.

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I've tried a three IF protocols - a whole day fast once a week, eating only in a four hour window each day, and eating only over a twelve hour window each day.

The whole day without food thing is ok, and no probs with the eating only in a twelve hour window... the four hour window though caused me a few issues like bloating when I did eat, IBS and digestive issues from packing all my food into such a small time frame.

I only did IF for about two months so can't comment on long term results personally but short term it seemed equally effective to anything else I've tried that works.

9. krupnijihbc

krupnijihbc Well-Known Member

I am considering doing this so subbed!

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Its an easier transition then you think.