• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I'm sorry but this whole"BROSCIENCE" thing needs to stop!

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by parnassto, May 1, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but this whole"BROSCIENCE" thing needs to stop!

That's my end point, There are a LOT of people calling others out and saying they know the science and research behind it that don't practice and or look like what they preach. I'm not saying that you should listen to every meathead in the gym. Its just that before anyone calls someone out they need to have a body that shows they know what they are talking about....As for everyone else that has posted. There's no need to bash, show some respect. Especially those of you that dont have the body to back it up.

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Results are RESULTS this is exactly what im talking about! as long as you get your desired physique does it matter how you get there? (dont turn this into a roids argument now. this is just lifting and nutrition based)

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

It can, yes. First, it may be that someone would get better and/or faster results without the misinformation. Second, even if the bad info isn't holding you back, then it's adding unnecessary complexity, which is a waste of time and probably a nuisance. This is why we form hypotheses and test them - to see what really matters.

If I "get the same results" illuminating a room by singing Bohemian Rhapsody every time before I flip the light switch - should someone else "shut up and GTFO!" instead of letting me know that I can just flip the switch?

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

This is a logical fallacy. One's physique doesn't confirm or negate their knowledge.

Right back at ya. Everyone has different goals, and the assumption that your ideal physique is everyone else's, or dismissing their knowledge because they don't look like you think they should look both show a lack of respect.

I agree. Though "broscience" more often than not makes the getting there harder and/or more tedious. I believe that's what all the hate is about. Why make things harder when you don't need to? Nobody claims that broscience doesn't produce results, at least not that I've seen. On the other hand, broscientists have a tendency to claim their way is the only one that works.

5. clutas

clutas Well-Known Member

Judging someones knowledge based on physique is a dangerous path to take OP.

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

But you can also be correct about how the body works without looking like you lift. Look at Lyle McDonald for example.

Some people get results easily too - other people who do not get results easily have to refine every last part of their routine and frequently know more than those who don't have to struggle to get results.

Bottom line: knowledge > results - but how you differentiate between real knowledge and bluff is another matter...