• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I'm Negging all "Read The Stickies" responses on sight...

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Korporalegq, Jul 14, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I'm Negging all "Read The Stickies" responses on sight...

i guess the better option would be to have users attempt to reply to the actual question and then refer the op to a sticky that will provide them with additional info. that's what i do since i understand some people will choose to never read the sticky. i try to answer their question while encouraging reading the sticky.

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Agreed. Replying to a specific question with "read the stickies" is completely useless. It shows that the poster is either too lazy to provide a specific response or, more likely, that they don't have the knowledge to answer the question. The OP obviously wanted specific facts/viewpoints of others, so "read the stickies" does absolutely nothing to help the person.

And if you believe that the question is too general to elicit a specific response ("How do I create a bulking/cutting diet?" threads) then don't post anything at all. Why continue to bump a useless thread with 4 "read the stickies" replies? Just let it die so that the pertinent threads which actually matter can stay on the first page.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

This attempt may backfire. If the knowledgeable folks decide that it's not worth the effort of repeating the same thing over and over, or get annoyed by net nannies who neg them, they may just stop posting.

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Agreed but at the same time look at the questions that are being asked. Everyday threads are being made about how and when to eat certain foods, what foods to eat, what foods to buy, how much should I eat certain foods, etc.... All questions that can be answered if the OP just simply.... Read the stickies.