• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • If it fits your macros is HUGE misunderstanding. Nutrious food is always better.

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by remstation, May 9, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

If it fits your macros is HUGE misunderstanding. Nutrious food is always better.

Complete b.s. that is completely validated by scientific, peer-reviewed publications, as well as the laws of thermodynamics. The irony is that the OP and yourself are most likely following IIFYM. You both clearly have no understanding of what it entails, or have grossly misconstrued its meaning.

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

If it fits your macros is HUGE misunderstanding. Nutrious food is always better.

yep. i dont have a problem with if it fits ur macros if its something small. i dont believe something that small will have an effect on u. but there are literally threads that i been reading where people act like they are some old professional bodybuilder scientist, telling people they have 4 slices of pizza every day because it fits there macros. (fastfood/non nutritious food thats like 1k + calories) and are preaching to eat fastfood meals daily as long as it fits ur macros... really got me going having the young newbs listening to that bs advice. i thought i would make this thread to hopefully not have them in the wrong path...

3. vijugati8g

If you consume food in order to reach a macronutrient intake, you are 'doing' IIFYM.

Not sure what you're talking about, OP.

You phaggot.

4. vijugati8g

THANK YOU.

Also, be aware OP that IIFYM is just a reworking of the well-established concept of Discretionary Calories (see here: http://extension.missouri.edu/fnep/n...es/handout.pdf)

If you happened to make the moronic mistake in the past that fitting items into your macros somehow justifies eating only processed, non-nutritious food, then you misundertood the concept to begin with. Frankly, anyone with a brain would also think your personal version of IIFYM was B.S., too... luckily, there are those of us with common sense who can apply basic brain power and not assume that fats, proteins, and carb numbers are the ONLY things that matter.

Basically you just made a thread admitting how misinformed you are.

Someone get the OP a trophey.

5. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you, I was eating really healthy nutritious food about a month ago (counting my calories) and then for about a week I was really busy and started eating tons of fast food and way more carbs (but still in my calorie limit). I started feeling way more tired and more depressed and I couldn't work out nearly as hard. Then went back to a really healthy diet and practically immedielty went back to feeling full of energy and could work out harder and longer. Even if it fits your macros, what your eating is honestly way more important.

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Your "look at how great a physique I have" post implies if I can find a pic of someone with a better physique who IIFYM's that this is more beneficial than eating a nutrient-only dense diet.

Not a good idea.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Ah, so you support IIFYM but, conversely, are against IIFYM. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

What is wrong with pizza?

Ingredients:

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (oh no! not whole grains!)
      Tomato Sauce (OH NO.. NOT TOMATO!)
      Cheese (OH NO.. NOT DAIRY! Although in too great an amount it might be harder to eat large amounts of and still fit fat goals)

And don't even get me started on the topping. I like to add terribly unhealthy chicken breast, peppers, olives, mushrooms, onions.. all the things that kill you.

SHAME on me.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

inb4manupic

10. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Stupid argument on his part