• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I really need some help...

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by defelqy, Aug 12, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

I just tried eating some cashews, which i eat all the time with no problem, but this time i puked. it was a very clean 2 pukes, but very full of cashews. Not painful at all, but im very worried. This has happened to me for the past month or so maybe once or twice a week when i try to eat something i eat easily every day, but it was for the most part just this horrible feeling that i cant swallow my food no matter how hard i try followed by gagging and dry heaves when i force it. I should note it didnt matter how hungry or full i was the same feeling would happen. but this time it was full out and i lost a pound from it.
      ive been to the dietician who said i have an eating disorder but didnt specify what it was so i figured it was just the fact that i dont eat any meat or vegetables. i go to her once every 2 weeks but the appt was moved to a month and a bit after the last one, about 2 weeks ago. i went to the doctor about 4 days ago and told him about the gagging problem with food as well as having a very hard time swallowing it. he told me what i suggested, that it was completely psychological, for some reason or other.
      so im thinking maybe im so ***** in the head that im not even realizing im so full that another bite will make me puke? or maybe its my body telling me it doesnt like what im eating and wants either a particular macro/micro or had too much of a certain one which im eating? i dont know and i doubt anyone here will be able to tell me.
      what i really want to know is how to recover from this. eat more today then my 3250 cals? (about 10% over maintenance for a steady 1lb gain a week since im rather small) eat normal amount and make sure it doesnt happen again? how bad can puking effect my weight maintenance? any advice at all is greatly appreciated im falling apart here as my only goal in life for the past months has been kicking my bad eating habits and getting back to the weight i once was and past it, without having these "eating disorders". please, any input is appreciated.

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I really need some help...

Could you clarify your post a little bit please? I'm not quite sure what you are asking to be honest. What exactly would you like help with?

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

how do you gain 1lb off that?

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

thanks for the fast replies, sorry i wasnt very clear.
      i wanted to know if i should try eating say another 300-500 calories to make up for the pound i just lost puking up my food. that was the main one because im sure no one here knows enough about me or my diet to say why this is happening to me. and youre right its probably higher then 10% over my TDEE ive been slowly going up as my weight has been stalling for a good few months now.

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Did you weigh yourself, puke, and then weigh yourself again? Is that where you fould the 1lb of weight loss? or was it measured fat loss? Muscle loss?

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

LMFAO very solid question good sir, i know all too well not to weigh yourself religiously like i do because of an easy 1-5lb change a day from things such as water retention. but i do it anyway because im completely OCD about everything nutrition/weightlifting for the past months and i like to weigh myself after almost every meal just to see how my body changes from the start to end of the day. i just got lucky enough to weigh myself right before the puke.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I used to be OCD about weighing myself every day. Sometimes I would weigh myself 2-3 times a day. I now weigh myself once a week (If I dare look at the scale), and sometimes go even longer without weighing.

I would suggest that you challenge yourself to weigh yourself only one day a week.

Also, just a side note. What are your thoughts on foods such as pizza and icecream? (serious questoin)

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Your challenge has been accepted. i know this is how weighing yourself should be approached and am very willing to stop being so OCD about it.

i love pizza and icecream except for the fact that i havent eaten cheese for a good 3-4 years. I eat very low sugar ice cream everyday and enjoy it very much!

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Are there reasons that you havent eaten cheese in 3-4 years? Or that you eat low sugar icecream rather than Ben and Jerry's; as is popular in this community?

10. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

You could try eating more fermented foods to help out with your gut flora, could help your body digest food better and not throw it up. Things like yogurt, kefir, kombucha tea, saurkraut, etc; or take probiotic supplement.

Also if you eat too much of a certain food for weeks or months, there is the possibility of developing intolerance's. Which is why variety is key.