• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How often is it okay to cheat?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by AnnaU93, Apr 1, 2013.

1. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

How often do you think it is okay to cheat on your diet or healthy lifestyle?

I know that we all are not perfect people and once in a while we get those huge sweet tooth cravings and we end up eating half a cake just because we want. I try to never limit myself on these days because if I do then I will be thinking about that food and I will end up eating twice as much later on.

How often do you cheat like this and how often do you think is okay when you are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle?

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I think I will have more cheat days once I'm just trying to maintain my weight. But right now I don't really have a clearly defined cheat day or meal. I just try to eat foods I enjoy in the healthiest form possible. Like I will still have pizza, but I'll make it on spelt crust with lots of roasted vegetables. In the future, I might work in cupcakes once in a while but I'll make them vegan. I think it is all about what works for you. I find it easier not to have junk food at all because I stop craving it after a while. But I know some people are just miserable without having cheats built into their diet.

3. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Never, haha. I find that cheats only serve to reinforce your cravings for sugar and it can mess up your taste buds for a few days. Your taste buds become attuned to sweetness on low-sugar but it only takes one high-sugar meal to mess it up.