• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How many people believe any of the following?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Canellesao, Aug 13, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

How many people believe any of the following?

Well, the old saying goes, "Breakfast like a Prince" "Dinner like a pauper" If it has any credence im not sure.The rest are mistruths, everyone of them.

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

How many people believe any of the following?

1) Eating 6 small meals a day is better for stoking the metabolism and better for building muscle - I cant see it being right or wrong, eating every 2 hours gives your stomach time to break down what you have had in your previous meal
      so you have a continues supply of protein, fat, carbs

2) you need to eat 'clean' food to avoid getting fat - I would say so unless your one of these pencil necks that eats once a day and says they eat take away all the time and dont get fat

3) Breakfast is the most important meal of the day - I always have it so makes no odds to me

4) Eating carbs after 6pm will make you fat - lie's

5) You need to avoid spiking insulin to stop making you fat - if you make your insulin spike and then eat a load of fatty surgery food its going to get taken on by the body easier

6) You have an anabolic window the hour after you train - hmmm not too sure about this one

7) Casein is the best protein to have late at night to keep building muscle through the night - a slow release protein can only be good when your sleeping 8+ hours without eating

8) you need 2g of protein per lb BW to build muscle - there is a lot of Bro science with this one and i have seen many debates as to weather its true or not, personally i stick to this and its worked well for me. The way i see it is,
      your isnt going to process every G of protein you eat so having more isnt always a bad thing

Tags: