• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How many eggs is too many ?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by musclemad, Nov 12, 2012.

1. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Someone like Michael Phelps would eat a lot more than 3 to 4 eggs, that would only supply around 20 grams of protein. An elite performance athlete would need to double that at least.

No one has said you should rely on eggs only.

2. Sizzling

Sizzling Member

Well said. No one has said you should rely on eggs only, so someone like Michael Phelps might not eat more than 3-4 eggs, but include other sources of protein in their diet since it wouldn't be enough for an elite performance athlete like him.

3. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I know Lennox Lewis, one of the greatest heavyweight boxers, used to eat 12 egg omelettes. He is a man mountain, his body needed lots of protein and fat. I'm sure most athletes eat more than 3 eggs, 3 is not a lot.

4. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I also love eggs very much! I usually put 2 eggs and I make an omelet with peppers and some bacon.
      It takes so delicious and this ended up being my go to breakfast in the morning. I also am sure that I am eating very healthy so having an omelet like this a few times a week is not too bad. It gives me so much energy that I wish I could have it everyday!