• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How many eggs is too many ?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by musclemad, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

IIFYM then it really doesnt matter how much you eat now does it?

It doesn't cause heart disease but is still said to cause high cholesterol, you can disagree idc I know its controversial

2. allswl

allswl New Member

I usually scramble three eggs twice a week. I have two eggs without the yoke and one with the yoke. Eggs are a great source of protein and easy to prepare on the fly.

3. virgogirl1913

virgogirl1913 New Member

I love love love eggs! I feel like Forest Gump talking about it because I love them scrambled, boiled, deviled, etc. LoL.

4. audiophox

audiophox Member

If I eat to many eggs my farts smell like crap lol, I'd rather stick to fish.

5. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

The yolk is where the majority of the nutrition is. Vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin B6, zinc, phosphorous and carotenoids etc. The cholesterol in the yolk is good for you, it raises HDL, cholesterol is not the problem.

6. bsge11

bsge11 Member

As long as I get the egg whites then I don't think eating 2 or 3 or even 4 is good. I don't think taking a lot of yolk is good. But 2 or 3 eggs whether it's with or without yolk is good.

7. kubica

kubica Member

I agree, a few eggs should always be safe. Eat too many, as with anything, and you can have problems.

8. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

On what basis? The majority of the nutrition is in the yolk, the yolk is very good for you. The reason people fear the yoke is because of the fat myth which has been completely debunked.

9. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

When I eat eggs I usually only have about 1 or 2. If I'm using egg whites I just dump some in without paying very much attention. Therefore, I usually just have an egg white omelet or a sunny side up egg on some whole grain toast.

10. Sizzling

Sizzling Member

I think the amount you should eat depends on your size, and your goal. I mean if you're a little wide fellow who's trying to lose weight, I wouldn't really recommend you eat too many eggs. If you're aiming to be someone like Michael Phelps however, I would recommend that you eat more eggs, maybe about 3-4? Though eggs are a good for you, you shouldn't really rely only on eggs to get your nutrients. You should try to spread it out, and eat other foods too.