• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • High mileage cars - good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pustehull, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

High mileage cars - good or bad?

I get where you both are coming from - I had Mich PS1 or 2 can't remember but they were £175 a corner and tried some Falken at £100 per corner and noticed no difference... everything else was spot on and I was an R32 OC member too

my sh!tty little 106 is about £30-35 a corner, hahaha!!

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

50-60,000 average on a 4/5 year old car.

hardly anything if well looked after.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Im talking about budget tyres, Nankang, Linglongs...... etc. £100 per corner is mid range.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

How much of a difference does it make if the cars a diesel. Everyone goes on how diesel engines are so solid their good for even 250K miles.

Any truth in this?

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

@Gridlock, hahaha! That reminds me, we used to have a pool car where I used to work, everyone hated the place, and this Vectra got driven by a load of angry young lads wanting to get one over on the employer. That had some abuse I can tell you!

On a cold frosty morning, it'd get started up with the foot planted on the acclerator before the key was turned, and then it would be bouncing off the limiter until it deforsted the screen. One lad used to do burnouts in it, hold the handbrake on as tight as possible, load of revs and dump the clutch, handbrake turns, red lined in ever gear. I think one lad even drove up to Leeds fron North Wales one morning determined to stay in 3rd gear doing 80mph up the motorway for 2 hours. Shocking!

It did 140K miles before they got rid of it and it never missed a beat lol!