• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Hi, opinions do you think im going to die?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by remstation, Jul 30, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Im making a huge change to my life at the moment and I'm just looking for your thoughts and opinions on what Im doing at the moment, I'm only on day 3 but my heart rate goes through the roof whenever I do any light exercise, and I dunno whether I may die. :-/ lol.

A bit of background, Im 25 years old, 6 ft 1 and 20 stone, I've been severely unhealthy all my life, smoked between 10 and 20 a day since I was 14, and between the ages of 17 and 23 took a huge cocktail of recreational drugs to excess - weed, cocaine, ecstasy, whilst at uni, I didnt eat a lot during this time of my life and went down to about 13 stone, I took a LOT of drugs, 23 ecstasy tablets in one night was my record, and at weekends I would regularly take 2 grams of cocaine, all with a **** load of alcohol. When I got my office job w/ company car, I piled the weight back on, but stopped taking drugs. I have also eaten what can only be described as **** all my life.

Anyway I've had enough, I refuse to be obese and 30. So I've been eating healthy for the past fortnight and started going to the gym this week, I've never exercised before so it's scary to me when my heart is absolutely pounding in my chest, I've packed in smoking since Sunday, this is the longest I've ever gone without a cig, so I'm over it. Can't see me ever smoking again. But my G-Ma and G-Pa both had heart attacks in their 50's, I've had an ECG done at the hos which came back normal, but excersise wise I get out of breath walking up the stairs.

At the moment I'm eating:

Breakfast: Shredded Wheat
      Lunch: Shredded Wheat
      Dinner: Veg, Wholemeal Pasta, Ragu and Chicken Breast (ovened)

I know I gotta eat 5 times a day and have read the diet stuff extensively, this is just for 1 month to kickstart the fat loss whilst exercising. I'm going to the gym 5 days a week and my workout routine is as follows:

Mon - Fri: 30 mins treadmill, fast walking, every 5th minute is jogging. 30 mins rowing machine.

Then weight wise:
      A (Mon)
      Squats: 2 warm up sets at 60 and 80% then 5 x 5 at 40KG
      Bench Press: 2 warm up at 60 and 80% then 5 x 5 at 30KG
      Lat Pull down: 5 x 5 at 40KG

B (Wed)
      Fron Squat: 2 warm up at 60 and 80% then 5 x 5 at 30KG
      Overhead Press: 2 warm up at 60 and 80% then 5 x 5 at 20KG
      Dead Lift: 2 warm up at 60 and 80% then 5 x 5 at 40KG

I've just completed workout B this morning and plan on alternating A B A, B A B, A B A every week adding 2KG per workout onto the starting weight. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to see some results as the only exercise I've had in the past 25 years is dancing whilst inebriated. So do you think this is adequate, on the jogging sections of my cardio my heart rate literally sky-rockets, I can feel it thumping in my chest hard, same with rowing, is this normal. Your opinions would be most appreciated! And BTW thanks for an awesome forum. Part of what inspired me.

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hi, opinions do you think im going to die?

It's just called hard work mate. For the first time your heart is working at close to its capacity and it's a new feeling for you. Embrace it.

3. krupnijihbc

krupnijihbc Well-Known Member

your heart is a muscle and its not used to working hard yet it will get easier as it gets stronger

4. roger

roger Well-Known Member

This mate. I rarely do cardio I get it when I do intense cardio. Best feeling in the world feeling your body screaming at you telling you to slow down, makes you wanna push it even further

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Cheers for the replys, I've just heard of people having heart attacks in their 20's, got me shook with my past substance abuse. I know it's supposed to raise, but its hammering away hard. I'm gonna do it regardless. Hench is the goal. And if I die at least it was trying. ha.

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Well done on turning your life around. Lots of the members on here used to drink too much, smoke too much or do reccys too much. Nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to be proud of either (23 e's in one night, must be sh1te e's ).

Get head down and crack on. This is a hard game.

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Sorry to be honest here but the sure hard unforgiving truth is "Yes"" you're going to die.

As will everyone you know and everyone you will ever know, and their kids and their kid's kids and so on and so on....

The good thing out of all of this is you've started to change the way you feel and look and have found this place which is the quintessential spot for helping you learn and reach your goals.

Once again you ask "Am i going to die"?

Yes but at least you'll be a fit, healthy chiseled bronze Adonis of a god when you do.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Don't worry buddy if you go you go. Better to go doing something productive that sat eating packet after packet of jaffa cakes hey!

I've been over 21 stone of lard at 5 foot 10, overweight my entire childhood and I'm still going strong at 37.

PS There's a direct correlation between muscle mass in your legs and reduced risk of coronary heart disease so get squatting!

9. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I used to do 10+g of mcat at the weekends, washed down with as many e's as I could find and anything that was in powder form..... knocked all that on the head now, and smash the gym and diet as much as possible,

And take lots of gear

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

That was actually quite an inspiring thread. Good on you mate.
      A few pointers though. First of the bat you're not eating nearly enough protein. Furthermore I don't see enough variety in your diet. You're going to end up deficient in vitamins and minerals like this. The solution isn't a supplement but rather a well planned diet.
      Here's a quick summary of what I think you should do dietary-wise:
      Protein (daily): eat around 1-1.5 g per pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 20 stone then you'll need around 280-420g of protein per day.
      Calories: create a defecit of at least 500 calories per day respect to your maintenance calories. If you don't know what your maintenance calories are then assume that they are around 14 calories per pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 20 stone then this would be around 3900 calories per day. Since you're trying to lose weight you need to create a calorie defecit otherwise it's not going to happen.
      Carbs and fat: once you've set your daily amount of protein then adjust your carbs and fat to give you the amount of calories which you set as above. Calories from fat should be around 30%.
      Try and get in fish liver oils everyday.

Your workout routine looks good to me. Nice, simple, abbreviated. Normally a good formula for the genetically typical guys.

Tags: