• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Help building rear delts traps

Discussion in 'For Personal Trainers' started by jailynn24hb, Jun 27, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Help building rear delts traps

I train twice each body part twice a week using PPL, so it is normally only 2-3 per bodypart (only once a week for tris and bis) so this is the list of exercises for the week.

I have been hammering my chest, probably 50% more volume and exercises than everything else as it was lagging quite badly and obviously overdone it.

Doing heavyish shrugs (140) but we only have 40kg dumbells at the moment, still worth doing? I do my traps with my shoulders, should they be part of back instead?

Not a clue what these are so youtube I guess, it is always round my shoulder blades I get the problem.

Now where do I find that

2. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

i believe its basically EZ bar and rowing it towards your face but by holding the plates as opposed to the bar - mingster will confirm or deny this lol

as for shrugs, u can load up a barbell and go heavier!

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

That is my problem for sure my rear delts are visibly 50% of medial. I've still got a LOT of work to do so can't drop all pressing and delt work, but I can unbalance it in favour of rears.

Do you have a vid of your rear delt row?

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I dont think it matters m8, ive always done traps with shoulders.

Give them a try m8, I find with db I get a better squeeze and pause at the top for 2. If you are doing 140 with the bar easy enough I dont think 40's will do anything, give them a try, they might be fine.
      Has your gym got a trap bar? Failing that load the smith machine up and do front and rear shrugs.

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say 140 is easy but good form hold for 2 and slow back, was doing 4*10 on cycle as I will be again very soon

No sadly not. Might get one myself. And we supposedly have 47s on order

Also think I'm going to try rear shrugs, only been doing front

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I've tried to find a video of this for ages and have failed. I'll have to do one myself when I can get my eldest lad to do the technical side of things lol.

Basically you take an Oly ez bar, load some Tri Grip or similar plates on either end, and take up the position you would use fore a bent over row. Instead of gripping the bar you grip the plates themselves, or one plate at each end to be precise. You then row the bar, not to your waist as you would for a bent row, but to your upper chest area whilst focusing on contracting the rear delts. I find concentrating on lifting from the elbows, rather than the biceps, helps with this. The bar should not reach your chest as your traps contracting should prevent this. The exercise enables you to use heavy weights for your rear delts, unlike other exercises for that area.