• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Healthy supper

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

Ok, I sort of know what to eat for breakfast and dinner, but what about supper? What do you eat before going to sleep? Or maybe you don't eat anything?

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I usually have my main meal at around 8pm and then go to bed at midnight. Why do you need to have a meal after your dinner? It's not necessary, unless you are bulking and trying to gain weight.

You could eat eggs, vegetables or meat before bed.

3. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

I eat my last meal at random times between 8pm-11pm. I sometimes don't go to sleep until 2 but on average 1. I sleep like this because my job sometimes schedules me to close and then open. It is quite annoying.

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

I would say something light like toast?

5. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

I would disagree with what Deansaliba said. Before bed you want to stay away from carbs for the most part. Stick to something high protein / or fatty ( such as some peanut butter ). These will take longer for your body to break down and provide much needed amino's in your blood stream while you sleep. Taking in carbs will just spike your insulin levels and promote fat gain. An example of what I typically eat as my last mini meal before bed would be a cup of cottage cheese, 2 spoonfuls of raw nut butter, and possibly some chicken breast or lean beef depending on what I ate the rest of the day.

Bunny.

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I had a delicious and nutrient dense post-workout meal last night, probably the ideal post-workout meal. A big sirloin steak cooked in butter served with spicy roasted vegetables and roast potatoes. A meal packed with the nutrients I need to recover from the workout.