• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Greek Yogurt??

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by defelqy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Brute12

Brute12 Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

Health and body composition are 2 different things. You could eat nothing but mcdonalds every day and look incredible; I'm not advising it, I'm just hypothetically emphasizing that don't think eating healthy directly gives you a great body, because it doesn't!

OK, but don't think you have to eat greek yoghurt, or any bodybuilder staple like brown rice, etc just because they did it. The macros of the foods determine your body composition directly and that is all (assuming you're progressively lifting), not the names of the foods.

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

Sounds good! Is the lashing go lean crunch at normal stores like walmart/publix?

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

You need to go back to the basics pal and understand what determines fat gain, weight loss, muscle growth etc. You are confused.

Start here calculating your macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Then read the basics here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

anything but plain is good.

This should be obvious unless you have never had regular yogurt.

5. carmenkyle

carmenkyle Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

I know but I see a lot of people saying they eat it and the nutrional facts seem good so I was just wondering if maybe I was doing something wrong. If people actually like the taste im not gonna eat it but if I can make it taste good w/o adding calories and stuff I will

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

Lashing = Kashi

My phone changed the word. You can get it at wall mart

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

OK. But again, you want low fat foods but want to build muscle?

You need learn the basics from the link I posted, and to calculate your macros with the link I posted. They're your best starting point.

And IIFYM is not about eating mcdonalds every day. It is about using common sense, and showing that there will be no noticeable difference in your body composition and health if you eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods and fit in ~20% of treats every day to keep you mentally sane. I have never felt like I'm dieting since incorporating the idea of IIFYM, because I eat foods I enjoy. Not just what other people deem as healthy foods.

Hell, you could look like that guy on the beach by eating mcdonalds every day. Again, I'm not saying do it. I'm just trying to emphasize that you are confused about what determines your body composition.

Hit your macros and use common sense. You do not need to eat brown rice, plain chicken, sweet potato, greek yoghurt, etc to be healthy and look great. Fit any foods you enjoy into your macros, and just ensure most of it is whole and unprocessed.

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

Ok thanks! That mix you told me works for cutting right without alot of extra cals/carbs?

9. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

It's nothing but protein & carbs. You scared of carbs? If so, GY won't be your friend

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Greek Yogurt??

McDonalds works for cutting. No individual food or meal composes whether you will gain or lose weight. Any food in the world works for cutting, unless that individual food puts you above your TDEE.

Tags: