• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Got into a slight disagreement with my manager today - opinions?

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by baletki, Aug 13, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

We were talking about the gym and loosing weight today, for some reason we got onto the subject of people being overweight and not giving a fuq about it.

At which point he turned around to say that 'When people are overweight it's not their fault at all' which I completely disagree with :/ I asked 'You're saying somebody who eats tons of ****ty food and does zero exercise can say it's not their fault?!' He said No because it's 'how their built' and the fact that I was so harsh about it made me a really mean person!

I have nothing against overweight people that are trying to do something about it, but when people complain that they are overweight 'but they can't help it' really aggravates me, and people that stick up for them too! I'm not by any means skinny myself, but at least I do something about it.

Is it just me that gets annoyed over this?

2. baletki

Got into a slight disagreement with my manager today - opinions?

It seems like a pretty dumb argument on your manager's side. There are people who are genetically pre-disposed to having a larger frame, but nothing that makes them more fat. Someone who is fat coming out of a family that has poor eating habits may be able to make that claim simply becasue they have been un-educated about proper nutrition, but thats going to be very few individuals and those few are only going to be un-educated for so long.

I dont think Ive ever personally met a fat person who stated they were fat from anything other than their own actions. If they say otherwise then they are likely just jaded about half assing fad diets and excersise which obviously didnt work and then blaming it on poor genetics.

Its just a subject thats been researched far too much for anyone to claim obesity or too much fat comes from anything other than poor nutrition and lack of exercise.

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

So these overweight people and their supporters are obviously hurting you in some way right? because otherwise why would you be getting so upset about someone else's lifestyle choice that has nothing to do with you.
      Concentrate on being the best you that you can possibly be, keep working hard (which you obviously are) and remember opinions are like arseh@$@s...... Everyone's got one.

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

You know I am glad you brought this up because I have been wondering this:

How is it that people who receive public assistance for food (EBT-food stamps) can go into a store and purchase sodas and candy bars with their EBT cards? We have restaurants here that take EBT cards. I am in a store the other day and this woman that was about 300lbs was in front of me purchasing potato chips, a king size snickers bar and a 2 liter Pepsi with an EBT card. WTF???

You would think before anyone receives food assistance they would be required to attend some type of class about proper nutrition. People are trying to ban super size sodas and yet our tax dollars go to allow people to purchase crappy ass food that will make them obese, then have health problems because of it and our tax dollars pay for their hospital visits!

***sorry... that was a little rant there but it pisses me off when they are allowed to purchase foods with no nutritional value whatsoever with my tax dollars!!! UGH!

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm really glad we don't have that system over here. They shouldn't even be allowed to buy such unhealthy foods with their food stamps.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

as i was leaving Alabama i saw a sign for papa johns that said they took EBT...i lold

7. baletki

^^^now that I agree with.
      I'd also like them to stop buying cigarettes,beer,manicures and iPhones!!

8. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

I cant remember the reasoning, but I read something about it in an article a long time ago. Its pretty rediculous I agree, and its not like healthy foods are neccesarily more expensive than un-healthy food. But I think it came down to people using this were complaining because they wanted to be able to get what they wanted and as they say, the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and thats why they can get whatever.

If enough people were bothered by it Im sure they could try and petition Congressman to get involved but then you get into the realm of food Corporations complaining about cutting into their profits, sooo its potentially a can of worms situation.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Welcome back

Of course it's their own fault they are fat, but that doesn't mean it easy for them to change things. There can be many reasons why people let themselves become overweight and they aren't always easy to control. However, ultimately if you want to make it black and white, yes it is their "fault" they are overweight.

Opening a can of works here, but I feel that abuse cases are similar. Yes there are people who have been abused as children and have problems as adults, but you can't be a 45 year old adult and keep blaming your issues on the abuse of when you were a 10 year old child. Ultimately you have to take control of your own life and be responsible for your future actions regardless of what happened in the past.

10. baletki

It has to do with how the merchant rings up the transactions. If it is labeled a grocery item they can purchase it! And yes KEMO... Papa Johns takes EBT cards. Steady shaking my head over that!

Half the people here sell their EBT cards. I have 2 girls that work here that buy from this one woman. They give her $75 for $100 use on her card. I tell them they are low-lifes for doing it. The woman gets like $1000 a month on the card. She has like 9 kids and still spitting them out! Should be a law that if people are on public assistance they are only allowed one or 2 kids!! LOL!!!