• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Getting a Job with a criminal conviction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by casse, Aug 8, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I dont have much expereince really in anything tbh apart from computing which am still doing at uni

Been looking for a part time job mainly looking at call centres as my friend owns a resteraunt and can give me a reference

Anyways the thing is everytime I get a call from a call centre they always do crb checks where I tell them what my conviction is and they dont accept it has happened to me now several times

Now does anyone know any kind of job that wouldnt require a crb check or any expereince/qualifications I am willing to learn but it would have to be part time

Am not into face to face sales before anyone recommends it

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Getting a Job with a criminal conviction

any type of IT job that doesnt require personal interaction with customers, or viewing classified data should be ok. Unless you have an extremely bad conviction. if its just using drugs or something you should be fine

most call centers will require CRB checks and a security clearence as they have sensitive data

edit: not sure what you mean by "looking for call centers as you have a friend who owns a restraunt that can give you a refference" because he owns a restraunt wont make him a better reference for a call center job? or am i misunderstanding what your saying?

anyway, i know the IT industry fairly well, so if you need any help with anything give me a shout

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Last edited by sean9461; Today at 06:16 PM.

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Unfortunate mate that you have had quite a few turndowns...

And a good advert to younger folk not to commit crime as it can really cause issues further own when you decide you want to live a more serious mature life!

As said above jobs which dont require the eomplyee to be accessing senstive data etc (shouldnt require background checks)

5. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I work in Investment Banking. I have numerous convictions and had a stint inside when younger. Also I got a caution for possession of 3g of coke last year. IBs do CRB checks but all of my convictions apart from the coke one are spent so don't show. I had to declare it for my last job and they were fine. HR guy sated "If we had to sack everyone who had a possession offence, there would be nobody left in the building". Comical.

What have you got? When? Why do call centres do a CRB check?

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

It's a driving conviction along with careless and perverting the course of justice (gave mates insurance details)

The worst one is the pervert charge

IT Is hard to get a job in unless fully qualified so am just looking for something to make ends meet while at uni

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Don't be so high and mighty. We all make mistakes.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

any type of IT job that doesnt require personal interaction with customers, or viewing classified data should be ok. Unless you have an extremely bad conviction. if its just using drugs or something you should be fine

most call centers will require CRB checks and a security clearence as they have sensitive data

edit: not sure what you mean by "looking for call centers as you have a friend who owns a restraunt that can give you a refference" because he owns a restraunt wont make him a better reference for a call center job? or am i misunderstanding what your saying?

anyway, i know the IT industry fairly well, so if you need any help with
      anything give me a shout Basically he can say a worker there for x amount of time

What part in IT do you work in

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I had/have a little past and i work in a prison!
      So don't give up hope and good luck.

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

ah right. I'm currently a senior network technician for a large company. Dealing with networked servers, satelites, mainframes etc