• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Fish oil

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fourmatic, Apr 5, 2013.

1. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I've heard about the benefits of taking fish oil for years. I was wondering what your thought on taking it is.

I, personally take 3 a day of nature made 1200mg with 360mg of omega-3. I like the brand because they are highly recommended and purify their product to remove mercury.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

The problem with fish oil is that it is very unstable and usually turns rancid during the manufacturing process. Rancid oil is harmful so you need to be careful.

I just eat a portion or two of fish per week. Usually cooked with liquid or over a low-heat to prevent damage to the fats.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

There are many benefits to it but at the same time I only have family members taking fish oil suplimments and vitamins because they truly are lacking it and they NEED it.
      I would suggest to take them in moderation because they can really backfire on your health if not taken correctly.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I think controlling your intake of omega-6 is more important because no amount of fish oil will negate the harmful inflammatory effect of consuming excessive omega-6 in vegetable oils. Cut out the seed oils, processed food and your omega-3:eek:mega-6 ratio will look after itself.

5. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

Good advice guys, thank you! Its clear I am going to have to do more research into taking the supplement before I continue. I would hate to find out I am taking rancid anything!