• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Extreme Diet Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by defelqy, Sep 15, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Hi all

I am a 20 year old female weighing in at around 275 pounds at 5'7. Last year I worked hard (diet only - no exercise) and got down to 215 in 4 months, but clearly I've gained it all back and 10 pounds.

I have struggled with my weight since I was 11 or so, and I have learned at least one thing about myself along the way - moderation does NOT work for me. Last year I was on a low calorie diet combined with intermittent fasting, I did the warrior diet. Did not consume anything but a 40 calorie coffee, water or crystal lite/soda until 6pm in the evening and then eat 2 chicken breasts with bbq sauce, vegetables, oatmeal and greek yogurt with berries, ending eating at like 8pm and did this everyday. I did the warrior diet for about 2 months out of 4. I did exercise here and there but only cardio on the treadmill. At some point my window shifted to too late and I felt sick every morning doing this I guess, wouldn't be opposed to doing it again.

Anyways - I need something that is strict with structure. I can't be the person who eats 3 meals and 2 snacks of healthy food, I can't control myself, even with the aid of appetite suppressants. Any recommendations?

There was a diet i read about in here that consisted of only eating protein shakes and almost no carbohydrates. Like maybe it was Keto with only shakes? I'd appreciate if anyone can jog my memory on this one or provide a very strict diet I can follow, perhaps until I hit 180 or so. Or maybe some guidane of a PSMF diet?

Thanks a lot.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Extreme Diet Recommendations

You must always remember to eat breakfast, because that gives you energy and shifts your metabolism to high until around a little after lunch. Then for your lunch, you should eat one of those chicken breasts with bbq sauce and what not, and then for dinner, do the same thing. Also try tuna, because chicken can get boring after a while. Keep doing cardio as well, because I don't think you want to lift weights and gain muscle mass right now.

3. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

While I appreciate the post and time, It's not really the advice I'm looking for, though I'll definitely buy tuna! I'm positive that anyone else will tell me to lift weights and don't 100% buy into the breakfast-metabolism thing either.

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Ridiculous advice.

Bourg, you aren't going to get the advice you want here. 'Extreme dieting' as you've experienced first hand, does not work in the long run. You said 'I can't', and that 'moderation does NOT work' for you. We become the things we believe ourselves to be. Until you realize the only thing holding you back is you, you won't be successful.

You need to go back to what worked the last time, and eat more calories and not starve yourself. At 275, there's no reason whatsoever you can't lose 2lbs a week or more on 2000 calories a day.

It's not that you CAN'T do anything. It's that you've chosen not to.

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

^ This is some of the best advice you're going to get. If you can't deal with these realities, then you are never going to lose fat.

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

No offense is intended but you're going to fail with your diet...I say this not because I'm mean but because with the way you're looking at this, it's just a fact. You want something extreme that will drop away the pounds quickly. Ok, that's possible, you could do the PSMF and lose lots of weight. The problem is, then what? You already saw that after successfully dieting a good chunk of weight off last year, you gained it all back plus more. Unless you change your attitude and want it more, the same thing will happen this time. This should be a lifetime commitment for you to be healthy and for that, you have to learn moderation. Not maybe, you HAVE to. It doesn't mean you can't have the foods you really like or even a binge once in a while. It means that you have to learn to eat moderately most of the time. The only thing that can make you do this is for you to want it bad enough...if you don't, you'll fail. The only advice that could possibly work for you without the motivation to eat properly is to have your stomach stapled or something similar and I would never recommend that to anyone. So I honestly wish you the best of luck in finding the motivation within yourself to do what you need to do to be healthy.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I've tried so many different calculators online and they say, like you've said, that 2000 is an intake where I'm at a deficit. As someone who only loses weight when counting calories and actually uses a food scale and doesn't **** around - for myself that amount of calories does not allow me to lose weight at all. No way. At around ~1500 or lower is where I'm losing weight.

I'm sure my attitude needs changing, you're right about that, but it's not happening as quickly as I'd like and I can't wait around until it does for me to lose weight. As for "extreme", I just mean non-typical, like most of the diets everyone here is on i.e. ketogenic diet. All I'm saying is that I need to follow something with strong guidelines and not a lot of wiggle room for me to be successful. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. At 275 obviously I have some extreme/addictive food issues. I would like to lose weight, have my stomach shrink so my hunger isn't so out of control and THEN slowly shift into a more moderate or "normal" diet.

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Extreme diets are pointless. They are only doable for short periods of time and most the time the results are also short term. The problem is that if you're too strict or go on some diet that says you can only eat this, this, this, this and that ... what happens when you get to where you want to be and want to ease up, live a little and enjoy life? You didn't learn anything, so you go back to eating whatever you want and too much of it.

If you want an easy diet, figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose 1-2 lbs a week. Once you have that figured out, use myfitnesspal and fill up those calories with whatever you want to eat. If you have a smart phone you can get their app where you can scan bar codes to get the calorie information on packaged food. This is losing weight in the most basic form of losing weight by just focusing on the number of calories you eat vs how many you can burn. It can't get much easier. If you want to fill those calories with high calorie food, go for it. Hopefully along the way you'll learn to make better choices though so you can eat more food and have a more "normal" diet.

Once you get rolling, my bet is you'll get motivated and want to learn more and then you can focus on macros, more exercise etc.

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Last edited by Monkey Wrench; Today at 12:14 PM.

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

You guys are right, for sure. This is just getting so impossible I'm literally crying right now. I can't believe I'm the classic story of losing track/motivation and gaining all this weight back, I just can't. Help?