• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • experienced iifym user plz help

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by herunder88, Apr 28, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

experienced iifym user plz help

I generally train 5x5 with a big compound such as squat and then go 3x10 with supplement lifts. But that's just my routine at the moment. You can certainly still train for strength while cutting as strength has a lot to do with C.N.S

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

experienced iifym user plz help

If you are meeting sufficiency with macronutrients, which you are, and if your weekly weight loss isn't too extreme, in addition to resistance training you will be in a good range to cut fat while perserving muscle.

Many people subscribe to the idea that the maximum is 2 lb a week of weight loss, but recent research suggests that .7% BW per week weight loss is optimal. for you, this is around 1.1 lb a week. given that you are aiming for about a 400-500 calorie deficit per day, you are in good standing.

monitor weight loss for a couple weeks and see what happens, I would give it at least 2 weeks b4 adjusting due to water weight loss causing an initial large drop. (this usually occurs in an extreme caloric intake shift)