• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Energy/nutrition bars

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by AnnaU93, Apr 6, 2013.

1. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

What are some of your favorite energy or nutrition bars that you always gravitate towards buying?

I usually like to buy the Clif bar because I find it very tasty and delicious.
      I don't always have them everyday but I do like having them as a snack when I am on the go.

Share your favorites!

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I don't eat energy bars because they are very unhealthy, full of sugar, artificial ingredients and grains. They might be tasty but I would rather not spike my blood sugar and insulin.

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I like Larabars a lot which are primarily made from dates and nuts. I do also like Cliff bars. Both of those brand aren't full of too many artificial ingredients. They use more natural sweeteners and ingredients. I do limit the amount I consume them though.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

There are a few natural brands which use only nuts and fruit but even that isn't healthy as you are consuming a load of omega-6 and sugar. I would rather just eat a banana or some coconut when I need the energy.

5. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I would love to eat more of these, they are fast and easy and the natural ones are pretty good for you. However I don't really feel like spending 1-4 dollars every time I want a bar, too expensive for my blood. I like the balance bars, and the cliff bars aren't bad. I can stomach the powerbars but I feel their flavors are pretty gross, tbh.