• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I used to drink Diet Rockstar energy drinks in college. But it was just too much caffeine and I would get headaches on the days I didn't have one. Therefore, now I just avoid them altogether. If and when I need caffeine I stick to a single cup of black coffee or some green tea.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get a headache when I drink too much caffeine. A big cup of black coffee and I start to feel a little odd an hour or so after consumption.

Energy drinks are a waste of money, they are not good for you at all.

3. bsge11

bsge11 Member

Only drink them if I really need to stay awake for something. Otherwise I try to avoid drinking them as much as possible. I hear many bad things about drinking energy drinks on a daily basis.

4. Sizzling

Sizzling Member

I don't think energy drinks because there are so many other alternatives without the side effects. Water is your best friend, as you are mostly composed of it. Fruit juices and little snacks can help give you enough energy throughout the day.

5. lalucien

lalucien Active Member

I don't drink em. I have had one or two in my whole life and they haven't really worked for me. They actually make me feel tired and do not give me energy :(

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Fruit juices are natural but it's still condensed sugar, it will raise blood sugar levels and insulin in the same way energy drinks do.

Snacking is not good in general, you shouldn't need to snack for energy, that suggests something is wrong with your metabolism.

7. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I have seen too many suffer from them to the point where they had to be hospitalized. Not every body can handle this much caffeine to the point where the body might crash from this overload. I am a very paranoid person and skeptic person when it comes to drinking these energy drinks so I have only had them before a huge exam.
      I currently don't drink them at all because of all of these terrible side effects.
      It is better to be safe than sorry in the long run.