• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I haven't drunk an energy drink since I was a teenager. I avoid energy drinks because they consist of sugar and caffeine and they are very expensive. Energy drinks are not good for you, there is no legitimate reason to drink one from a nutritional point of view.

3. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

I stopped drinking energy drink after they rush my mother to the hospital because she was drinking them everyday. I didn't pick one up since that. Plus I seen it on the news that they was very bad for you too.

4. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

I do not drink energy drinks at all. I have tried 5-hour Energy and Red Bull before but they were very dissatisfying for me. I get my energy from food and sleep. I have no need to drink energy drinks. Especially after hearing people have been to the hospital over them.

5. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

I don't think they are absolutely terrible for you, I personally don't drink any of them. The biggest downside is all the sugar that is in most of them. But like anything else as long as you consume them in moderation it wont have a huge impact on your body.

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Ah, everything in moderation. I don't agree, that amount of processed sugar is not healthy in any circumstances. Is there a healthy amount of artificial trans fats you can consume? No. Should I take heroin in moderation? A little wouldn't do any harm, would it?

7. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

Only time I ever drink them is when I have to drive somewhere. Not like around but I mean a road trip. and usually only Regular monsters or the Mocha monsters :)

I crave them every once in a while and If my girlfriend buys one for me I wont say no but thats all

8. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

You took that way out of proportion. I merely said if you had one occasionally it would not have a detrimental effect on your heath...

9. Traynlb

Traynlb New Member

I love energy drinks, but I only drink like 1 a week, but my favorite is monster. I love energy drinks, and I never crash. They taste amazing and make me feel really good. I only drink in moderation though. I understand that a lot of people don't like them, because they aren't very healthy for you but if you drink one everyone and then, then it's perfectly fine. Thanks for he link by the way, it was very informing and I like to what goes inside me.

10. allswl

allswl New Member

i don't drink energy drinks as they are mostly sugar and caffeine. I am not even sure if they actually give you energy. Seem like a sugar fix to me.