• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Employer not paying me where do I stand

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by emininojiq, Sep 29, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Started working for a resteraunt

working cash in hand not through NI number

Worked 1st week 30 hours

Worked 2nd week 25 hours

Week 2-3 not getting shifts

Went in to get my wages one day he gave me 90 a looked and goes whats that I explained to him this was at the 2.5 weeks into work the wages were not ready at the end of the 2nd week there is one week ling time where they pay your 1st weeks wages at 2nd, 2nd weeks wages at 3r etc

So I went in at 2.5 weeks got handed 90 a felt it didnt seem like much went back and explained the minimum wage for me 6.08 if you square it off at 6 am owed 180 for my first week he said a thought your 18 a said no a handed ma passport in as ID and it clearly states at 21 then he said ok all talk to the boss
      Boss said he cant find the papers for my hours come back in another day now that was on wednesday went in last night after not been called last night had a word supposedly all the workers are a step ahead of me and am making basic errors thats why am not getting shifts and theyll call me after a last resort

After much aruging he wouldnt tell me what my basic errors are and that I should know and shouldnt have to be told a said how can a fix something if a dont know whats broken he said well your lazy a said no am not he said workers say you are it doesnt matter what you think its what peope tell me IMO a gave them 100% always 100% wasnt lazy and he was tryna bullsh1t me so he said come back tomorrw for your first weeks wages a said all come back get my 2 weeks wages and take leave if thats the way you think
      He said all pay you 1 weeks tomorrow IF i have money a said of course you do your running a buisness he said well theres expenses a said my friend owns a resteraunt which he does and a know hes got money he said ok

So going back tonight and am expecting him to fk me around

So what do I do if he doesnt pay me legally

Am i entitled to just take money out the till or is that a bad move lol

Please dont give me the all knock him out sh1t if he doesnt pay me Im looking at legal possibilites on a open forum if you get my drift

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Employer not paying me where do I stand

just to add this is a busy resteraunt taking in 10k+ a week with very low rent and no rates to pay

also am very good with staff and we all overhear things theyve been complaining the staff costs are too much

IMO last night he was trying to bully me make me feel like sh1t and say to me your worthless and not worth me paying you full wage and try to give me less because he asked why a gave the 90 back before a said a dont want money in bits a want it in full and in one payment

A lot of workers here get fuked around and not paid properly they get paid say for example their weeks wages is 100 theyll get 50 one day and then 50 the next the problem is the workers stay there and take the crap because they dont have any choice and need that job whereas me a dont need it that much and can do without it

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

To be fair m8 theres not a lot you can do......if you know they pay other staff workers cash in hand then threaten to grass them up. Depending on what sort of peeps they are though you could find yourself having to do a houdini from the bottom of the local canal!!

4. gabarit

gabarit Well-Known Member

you havent got a leg to stand on as you were being paid cash in hand and going the legal route you risk having to pay tax and NI on what youve earned

"If you suspect your employer of not paying tax or National Insurance contributions on your wages you can report them in confidence using the Tax Evasion Hotline on Tel 0800 788 887. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm and are normally less busy before 9.00 am."

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Last edited by Ackee&Saltfish; Today at 06:19 PM.

6. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Reading that gave me a head ache. Is it so hard to type 'I'.

7. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

thats what a was thinking

am not bothered about paying tax and ni just to make him pay up

would it cost me anything?

8. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Go in when its busy demand payment if he says no tell him you'll kick off in front of everyone

9. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

dont bother reading then youll be headeache free

exactly what as thinking because itll be busy tonight but my mates advised me against this because he can easily call cops and say hes disrupting my customers bla bla theyll take his word over mine and away a go with a criminal conviction

10. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Ewen's advice mate.