• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Does fruit cause bloating like other carbs do?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, May 21, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I think it is pretty much common knowledge that increasing carbs makes you retain water, and when you go low-carb you lose a lot of that water. And therefore, if you low-carb most of the time and have a high-carb day, you'll gain several pounds of water weight.

Here's my question: are carbs from fruit the same--do they make you retain water? I've never eaten fruit and WITHOUT eating other carbs in order to observe whether i retain water or not. If i don't care that much about eating low-carb, but i just don't want to be bloated, would it work to eat a lot of fruit on a daily basis, and then eat junky carbs once a week? For example, let's say i eat 3 pieces of fruit every day, and then once a week i eat a slice of cake with sugary frosting...or 3 cookies or whatever (you get the idea). In the past, cookies or cake would have made me retain water because i didn't eat carbs most of the week. But if i had been eating fruit all week (and no other carbs), would i not retain water from the cake? Or would i have just been bloated the entire time from the fruit?

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Does fruit cause bloating like other carbs do?

Failed trolling attempt

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Is this your way of saying this a dumb question? Sorry if it's already been asked and answered but some of us have a life and don't spend 24/7 reading this board.

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

you expect people to believe this?

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension????? the sentence says, verbatim, i've never eaten fruit WITHOUT eating other carbs. That means if i'm eating fruit, i'm also eating other carbs, such as bread, cookies, cake, whatever. Therefore i don't know if the bloating was caused by the bread, cookies, and cake only....or also caused by the fruit.

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I still don't believe you've never just eaten fruit by itself but yes fruit can cause bloating. Fiber will do that

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

All CHO can cause some degree of water retention/bloating. Especially if you have been on a low CHO diet. Response is highly subjective.

For example, some people get really bloated having dairy. While others do not.

Nothing to really worry about as the bloat/water retention is just temporary.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Jeezus i don't mean LITERALLY, like i have to put my apple between two pieces of bread. i mean on a DAY TO DAY basis, i.e. i've never eaten fruit and no other carbs in that day.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

You realize this exact topic has already been created on the front page?

10. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I see. Basically i was looking for a way to cheat out of the whole bloating thing by eating carbs from fruit all week, and then eating crappy carbs once a week. I hate being bloated for two days after a cheat.