• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Do you drink alcohol?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by MoniqueSeibel, Apr 9, 2013.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

Do you think alcohol in moderation is acceptable or do you avoid it altogether? If you do drink, what do you drink? Do you take the caloric content into consideration? If you don't drink, is it because of health reasons?

I've really been considering eliminating alcohol altogether, but I find I do really want to drink during weekend situations. But I do worry about the effect it has on my health and overall weight-loss and fitness goals.

2. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I personally don't drink it because its bad for my health and because I don't like it.
      I am very content with my personality and I know that many people like to drink because they are in a group and it loosens them up.

3. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

It is a good idea to totally cut alcohol from your diet if you are trying to be healthy. For me, I drink once a week or so, usually vodka cranberry or diet coke and white rums. If I have to have a beer I usually will start out with a good one then switch to miller 64s or another low calorie/carb beer. But clearly the best idea is to go out with friends and just drink water. Quitting drinking can really only benefit your overall health plus your friends will love having a DD!

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I don't drink very often because it is a poison, toxic to every organ in the body. My dad has an unhealthy relationship with alcohol and that makes me even more wary of drinking as I've seen what it has done to him. I drink once every few months, not much.

5. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I also have seen bad relationships between alcohol in my family and I just don't want to go down that path. I was never attracted to alcohol or craved it so I think I am heading down the right path. I would hate for a drink to mess up my life.

6. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

I drink occasionally. I keep a healthy diet, but I love wine and beer a bit too much to give them up indefinitely.
      Maybe a couple of times a month or so? Most of the time it's with people around a camp fire in the wilderness, so it's easy to lose track of how much you drink, haha!

7. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I'm the same, it helps to not actually like the taste of alcohol. I have the occasional beer but I don't like the bitter taste, I can't stand spirits and I'm not really fond of the taste of wine either. I do think I have an addictive personality so I make sure I don't drink too often.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I probably drink about 2 drinks a year, so I would say that no I don't drink. The main reason I don't is that it makes me feel so bad the next day and I don't even have to drink that much to feel terrible. So when my body tells me that, it can't be good for me. So I am always the designated driver, which is okay with me because I know that the next day when everybody else is hungover, I will feel just fine.

9. bsge11

bsge11 Member

I drink alcohol only on social occasions. But I don't really drink a lot. Though drinking moderately is not bad either just as long as you don't lose control, which is sometimes hard for certain people.

10. johnraffiel

johnraffiel New Member

Alcohol is really bad things and i have suffered for 1.5 years and my body functionality disturbs a lot, It has the maximum possibility that when we take alcohol it enhances the fat formation and that fat is not easily reduces, to reduce that fat i have to take USPlabs supplements with lots and lots of exercise. If we continue taking alcohol it used to decrease the stamina power as well as decreases the metabolism and immunity of the body, as a whole ewe can say a complete package of health disaster is alcohol.