• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Do yo use any of these supplements......

Discussion in 'Training' started by Myjourney, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

I am new to all of this but wondered what kinds of supplements are popular and useful. I saw this list online-

Protein Supplements:
      Whey Protein: Quickly absorbed, rich in essential amino acids, and effective for post-workout recovery.
      Casein Protein: Slow-digesting protein that provides a sustained release of amino acids, often taken before bedtime.

Creatine:
      A naturally occurring compound that helps produce energy during high-intensity exercise. It can enhance strength, power, and muscle size.

Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs):

Essential amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) that play a crucial role in protein synthesis and muscle recovery.

Beta-Alanine:
      Amino acid that helps buffer lactic acid build-up during intense exercise, potentially delaying muscle fatigue.

L-Glutamine:
      Amino acid that supports muscle recovery and immune function. It's particularly beneficial during periods of intense training.

Citrulline Malate:
      A compound that may improve blood flow and increase endurance during resistance training.

HMB (Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate):
      A metabolite of leucine that may help reduce muscle protein breakdown and support muscle growth, especially during periods of intense training or calorie restriction.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
      Essential fats that support overall health and may have anti-inflammatory effects, aiding in recovery.

Vitamin D:
      Important for bone health and overall well-being. Some research suggests a potential role in muscle function and development.

ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6):
      A combination of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 that is often taken to support sleep, recovery, and hormone balance.

Pre-Workout Supplements:
      Formulations that typically include ingredients like caffeine, beta-alanine, and nitric oxide precursors to enhance energy, focus, and blood flow during workouts.

2. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Well-Known Member

No, I do not take any supplements. I don't know why I hate supplements. I think they harm our hormonal system.

3. Editor

Editor Administrator

Hi @timmothysmith01

I am on your side with this argument - I feel like we dont always know what they do to our body.

4. Kylian

Kylian Member

Tags: