• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Depressed...

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by herunder88, Jul 23, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Depressed...

Please, don't let the scale define you. I have renamed mine Random Number Generator (saw this saying somewhere and I love it!) You have lost 5-6 inches, that's progress in my book.

Stick to a plan and just work it with all you've got. You may want to *reconsider* your refeeds also.

Unfortunately, patience, patience, is key.

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Depressed...

At your weight, I'm guessing water fluctuations could be as much as 5 or 6 lbs, with hormones, glycogen storage, inflammation response of muscles, salt intake, warm weather, etc.

If you know you are doing everything right (not missing any uncounted calories), then just keep going.

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Depressed...

i agree. stay away from the scale. Alot of people are so obsessed with this. All you're doing to yourself is stressing yourself out.

It's all too easy to become frustrated, disillusioned, angry and bitter when your own perspective is the only one you consider. Your own narrow concerns can seem painfully overwhelming if you give all your attention and energy to them.

The way out of such pain and frustration is to expand your perspective beyond yourself. Genuinely take other people into consideration, and your positive possibilities multiply dramatically.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Depressed...

Just as oregonchick said - especially as a female you can have wide fluctuations so don't let the scale discourage you. It sounds like beyond the great progress you have seen in inches lost that you also saw the scale dropping until you saw a mild fluctuation over the last 2-3 weeks. That's progress! Lyle McDonald mentions on bodyrecomposition.com that many females may need to measure (scale, tape measure, etc) at 4 week intervals to account for the variations we can have (even individually - all of our female bodies are so different!) in water fluctuation. Keep it up - you are making progress!

Tags: