• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • cutting/weight loss just aint happening :(

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by laxgoaliesrhs, Jun 19, 2012.

1. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I'm 39, 6ft tall, current weight is 13st 10lb, bf 24%

I've been training and dieting for 3 months now and just cant shift the weight.

When I started out I was 14st 4lb back in March.

I do a 1 hour, weight based routine 3 times a week about 30 mins after breakfast plus 1 cardio session per week, I have an active job and dont eat cr@p!

My daily diet consists of

Breakfast
      Whey protein shake
      Banana on training days or strawberrys/raspberrys on rest days
      Coffee, vitamins etc.

Lunch
      Plain chicken salad and protein bar if i'm out
      3 egg mushroom omelete if i'm at home

Dinner
      I usually have a combination of 2 meats, either 200g chicken breast, pork loin steak (fat trimmed) or 300g sirloin steak
      Bag of steamed fresh mixed veg or green beans (300-350g)
      1 small fat free yoghurt

Supper - Milk/egg protein shake with skimmed milk - 250ml

I'm drinking around 3 litres of water per day + tea/coffee and the odd can of diet pepsi.

I've calculated my calories to around 1400-1500 per day, plenty of protein, low carbs and fat.

The weight is coming off very slowly. I did get the weight down to 13st 8lb but i've managed to put 2lb on since the weekend and nothing has changed. I really need something to start happening as i'm getting fed up.

How do people make "cutting" sound so simple on here and where am I going wrong? All I want to do is cut the fat/weight then start a good lean bulk once i've lost 20lb or have a decent BF%

Pleeeeeeeeease help peeps, I hate doing things that are non-productive and have the dedication but not the results

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

cutting/weight loss just aint happening :(

i feel for u mate! i cant seem to shift my gut! i look good with a t shirt on! but dont ever wanna take it off! haha u ever thought of fat strippers? t5s, clen etc? i tried clen a while ago, lost some weight but took the **** and ate takaways and drank too much alcohol! not to mention the bbqs! but hey a guys gotta live right? anyway im gonna be hard dietting after my hol abroad next week!
      i know loosing weight is alot harder than gaining muscle! how do u look in the mirror? do u like what u see? im guessing no? does ur misses? and are u happy! thats what life boils down to in my eyes anyway!
      a family guy can only diet so much without secluding himself away from family activities etc!

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

id look into eca, clen, t3 and see if any of them take your fancy. i love clen for shifting BF

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Do you have to inject any of them mate? what are the benefits and where do I get them from? Are any in tablet form (see below)

I'm not happy with the way I look and thats the main reason for getting off my ass and doing something about it, but i've given it 3 months and dont feel i'm getting anywhere. Only thing that I can say I like is that i've got better shoulder/arm definition and have gained in strength, but the gut is still there :(

Only fat burners i've tried are maximuscle thermobol, I dont know enough about the other stuff you've mentioned. I have a fear of needles and my brother died from injecting various substances 7 years ago so if I was to take anything to help it would have to be in tablet form (is there anything?).

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you recommend to a guy who is just starting out to jump straight on to fat loss drugs? There are glaringly obvious things wrong with his diet that need to be addressed before considering those kind of options!

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

they are all tabs mate! i know certain companys do clen in liguid form too, but u take it orally through a measured srynge! they all hav there benifits but then they r all hazardous hence why they r illegal! do some research on them if ur interested!

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Post up your current training mate as this will help, but on 1st impressions you diet is too low in fat, carbs and calories, your metabolism has slowed right down as you are starving yourself.

I can help you out but it will take a massive shift in mindset from the way you are approaching things at the moment

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

At 1400kcal a day + an active job you should be slowly shifting it...something isnt right here... Are you sure you arnt eating little bits of this and little bits of that on top of what you have listed there?

Don't use the scale as a guide either, its such an inaccurate tool for measuring whats going on.... I bet you have one of those digital ones that gives you a different reading if you place it somehwhere different than last time on the floor too -_-

Get yourself a tape measure and measure around your wasitline weekly, make sure you take the reading from the same spot each time and dont change how tightly you pull it...or suck in your gut - a 1/4 - 1/2 inch loss every week is good progress.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

lol, I did have scales like that but theyre sh*t. Like you've said, I dont really go by the scales, more about how I feel and look. I weight myself about once a week.

I dont snack between meals, tend to reach for the water or tea if I get tempted but I have good will power.

Heres my story. I've been doing a weight based gym routine with my trainer 3 times a week and love it. Its usually a 45-50 minute session with NO rest between exercises, its literally flat out with maybe 10-15 seconds rest at the most between exercises. I'll list a typical routine.

Seated pulldowns - 10 reps - 50kg
      Benchpress - 10 reps - 50kg
      Seated pulldowns - 10 reps - 50 kg
      Benchpress - 10 reps - 50 kg
      leg curls - 10 reps - 10kg
      Bike 4 minutes high intensity
      Incline bench - 8 reps - 50kg
      1 arm dumbell rows - 8 reps - 20kg
      Incline bench - 8 reps - 50kg
      Laterals - 6 reps - 10kg
      Bike 4 minutes high intensity
      Seated pulldowns - 8 reps - 55kg
      Laterals - 6 reps - 10kg
      bench press - 6 reps - 70kg
      1 arm dumbell rows - 8 reps - 20kg
      Benchpress - 6 reps - 70kg
      Pulldowns - 5 reps - 70kg

I do this routine on Sundays and Tuesdays with a similar arm/leg based workout on Thursdays (curls/triceps/shoulder press/wrist curls/squats etc). I also have some light (7-10kg) dumbells and resistance kit at home which I "sometimes" do 10-20 mins with on the days i'm not at the gym (so I dont feel lazy).

On Saturday I do a 45 minute cardio/resistance session with around 20 mins interval training on the bike then stuff like press-ups, free-form squats etc.

10. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Last edited by the hamster; Today at 04:36 PM.