• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cutting Diet Help.

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Terry4, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Terry4

Terry4 Well-Known Member

Current weight: 200lbs
      Height: 6'
      BF estimate: 13%

Goal: 185/190lbs and 10% BF

Current Macro's from newly devised plan: 2000cal, 120g Carb., 56g Fat, 216g Protein.

Basic outline of diet:
      Breakfast - Whey Protein shake (w/ oats & peanut butter) + 2 eggs
      Lunch - Turkey sandwich on 5-grain bread (w/ mustard, cheese, and lettuce) + a handful of baby carrots
      Dinner - 12 oz. chicken breast + Whey Protein drink (just add water) + unlimited steamed veggies
      Bedtime snack - Whey Protein drink (just add water)

Supp's: Currently taking
      - 3 scoops of Whey protein (as seen above)
      - 3 fish oils
      - 2 multi's
      - MP Assault + Cit. Mal. (Pre-workout)
      - X-tend + Creatine (Intra-workout)
      - 1 Cellucor Super HD

Workout: 6x a week (Sunday off). 10-minute pre-workout warm-up cardio, lift weights, 10-minute post-workout intense cardio.

If you were in my shoes would you be adding, subtracting or changing anything within the diet regimen above? If you need anymore information please let me know. Thanks and have a great day/night.

-JLGEE

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

Not gonna comment on those supps.

Calorie wise, that's too damn low for your weight. Not to mention, your fat is severely lacking. Have you even calculated your TDEE?

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

increase fat to 75g min, get rid of last 3 supps
      What are unlimited veggies?

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

Not gonna comment as in it's crap or just not commenting?

I came out with 3k when I measured it a while back... I have been taking in about 2500-3000 the past few weeks and haven't noticed any difference, so I figured I would drop it down even further.

Unlimited Veggies as in whatever it takes to make me not hungry... usually never more than 3 cups of broccoli.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

That caloric deficit is too low. I am cutting on 2,070 calories right now and I'm much lighter than you. Recalculate those calories. The macros look on track though for that amount of calories. The sups you are taking are fine; they're not 100% necessary, but fine none the less.

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

What are you thinking, a 500 cal deficit? Up my daily intake to 2500 cal, 75g fat, 250g protein, and ~150g carbs.? I realize the supp's I am taking are not "necessary" but 1) I just bought a majority of them and want to try them out and 2) Unless it's hurting my wannabe cut then I would rather not eliminate them.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

Not commenting because they are all personal preference.

Basically, what determined4000 said, up your fat to AT LEAST 75g. I personally would mark my fat around 85g if I were you.

Did you weigh yourself on different times of the day? Meaning, in week 1, you scaled yourself at night, week 2, right after waking up, etc.

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

I was contemplating buying casein protein but after being told it was not needed I was going to add some cottage cheese to my bedtime snack. If I do add 30+g of fat to my diet is it best to consume those earlier in the day?

I weigh myself everyday after I lift. Pulling in 197lbs some days, 202lbs on others... but more often than not at 200lbs.

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

Don't worry so much about when you consume it. It matters more that you actually do eat the food.Whether it be morning, afternoon, evening, whenever. Cottage cheese is a great snack before bed, I utilize it all the time. It keeps you full and is slowly released into the system. Casein isn't a bad idea either but it's more for convenience rather than effectiveness.

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Cutting Diet Help.

Yap, what wiz said. When you take it doesn't matter at all.

Me personally like to buy casein to make protein sludge. The thick consistency of the sludge. Hnnnnggggggg...

We are getting off topic here.

Just a tip, you might want to weigh yourself, right after bed every time. Sometimes, when you weigh in after lift, you've actually drink quite a lot of liquid, hence the weight fluctuates.

Tags: