• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Complete P90x & Lose 20lbs

Discussion in 'For Personal Trainers' started by MoniqueSeibel, Dec 26, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

My goal is to complete a full cycle of P90x. I'm officially beginning it today, after indulging and gaining some weight over the holidays, on top of the weight I already wanted to lose. Overall, I'm looking to lose just under 20lbs over the course of the program. I'll post my progress each week.

2. Ryder13

Ryder13 Member

Good for you. I think from what I know it is a tough program but I am told it works.
      I am a bit shy of the dedication level but I am also a bit on the 'grey' side so to speak.
      anyway I do take some tips from Horton's book. And I am making some progress to my own goals. Not exactly seeing myself as ever getting to 'Tony' level fitness though.
      Ryder13

3. kubica

kubica Member

I believe this can be achieved, especially if you also follow their dietary regime ;). I assume there is one, as in another program of theirs, called Insanity, there is.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I've heard of Insanity but I've never tried it. Although, I would like to try it in the future. I'm not going to follow the P90x diet plan very religiously though. I like to limit the amount of meat I'm consuming and focus on getting protein from more vegetarian sources. I'm going to be watching my diet intensely and eating very clean nonetheless. So I still think I will be able to lose that amount with my own diet plan.

5. Sizzling

Sizzling Member

I think P90x is great for beginners to start learning about the right away to work out. It covers your nutrition and exercise routine, changing it up every now and then so you won't plateau. Though it's great, I think everyone that uses it should learn from it, rather than just follow everything it says. Because after you're done with p90x, you have to maintain that type of lifestyle. Just remember that keeping fit is a lifestyle, not temporary. If you do p90x and then go back for your old ways, don't expect your body to stay fit. It will slowly go back to where you were, before p90x.

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Insanity is an appropriate name because it is insane and not good insane. The Insanity programme is a high intensity programme but where it differs from conventional high intensity training is the ratio between high intensity and rest intervals. In the Insanity programme you do extended high intensity intervals and short rest periods, it's mental.