• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Coffee or green tea?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

Which one in your opinion is healthier? I've been drinking both but I still can't decide. Coffee is great after waking up, but green tea is said to contain more caffeine than coffee.

2. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

In my opinion green tea would be better for you. It's a stress reliever, good for your throat, and I really want to say it has less caffeine than coffee. There is no way green tea can have more. Maybe not to far behind, but not more.

3. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

Well there are many different types of tea's. As far as which is healthier between coffee and tea I would say it depends on how you personally prepare them! My roommate takes his coffee black but puts practically a pound of sugar in his tea. So in his case obviously coffee. Its situational. Nobody says you have to drink just one! Mix it up!

Bunnywithagun

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I would say green tea is the healthier option in terms of nutritional profile. Green tea is packed with antioxidants.

I'm not anti-coffee but I'm not a regular drinker myself. Both tea and coffee contain caffeine but green tea contains much less.

5. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I also would prefer green tea from this option.
      I honestly feel that green tea is more of a long term energy booster and at the same time green tea is a much healthier option.
      Green tea is also known for having positive effects on the skin which is another reason I love to drink it.

6. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

There are perks to both, really.
      Green tea is generally healthier, as it has more anti-oxidants, while coffee gives you a pretty good power surge, granted you drink it around half an hour before your work out, so it has time to metabolize. Granted, they both contain caffeine, which is a strong diuretic and you must make sure that you drink your daily recommended amount of water and then some, if you drink lots of coffee/tea.

7. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I've really been trying to cut my caffeine intake lately, after doing some research, its pretty bad for you. I would have to choose green tea over coffee every time though, not sure why but I never caught a taste for coffee and quite frankly I'm pretty happy about this seeing how many cups some of my friends and family seem to go through in a day.

8. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Why is it bad for you? I've read conflicting studies on coffee. I've read that it has unique health benefits.

Why did you need to cut your coffee intake if you never had a taste for it?

9. bsge11

bsge11 Member

I would say green tea is the best choice. It is more healthier for you and does give you that relaxing, soothing feeling after you drink it. I started making it a habit to drink it weekly. It did help me greatly when I once strained my voice.