• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Coffee, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by remstation, Jul 4, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Good morning.

I have 2 to 4 cups of coffee every morning. I feel I need this caffeine. I drink a med blend with no sugar or creams. Is this a habit I need to be breaking? I seem to be getting answers on what I am reading other places.

Thanks

2. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

I drink 5 or 6 cups a day and I'm still alive.

I'll let you know if it kills me.

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

Coffee is good

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

I'm sure everybody has there own opinion on the subject, but IMHO, it's BAD.

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

Enjoy your coffee and don't worry about it. Good, bad, whatever, my bet is that its relative influence is all but zero compared to all the other {bigger} factors that go into your general well being and lifting progress.

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

Love me some coffee. 2 cups every morning. I don't think it has any impact good or bad on my training.

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

A realistic intake of 2-3 cups of coffee or 5-6 cups of green tea per day actually has some long term health benefits. On workout days, you may want to take a 200mg caffeine pill to burn a bit more fat during your workout.

A study of more than 600 men published in the August 2006 European Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests that coffee drinkers may be protected from mild memory and thinking problems that come with old age. Another large study, published in 2003 in the Journal of Neurological Sciences, found that tea and coffee drinkers were protected from Parkinson’s. Another study of more than 8,000 men in the Journal of the American Medical Association by G. Webster Ross and colleagues found that those who drank the most coffee (more than three cups a day) were the least likely to get Parkinson’s. The evidence for caffeine reducing the likelihood of developing these neurodegenerative diseases is getting stronger with each study.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

No thank you.

There is just as much evidence that it's bad for you. It elevates LDL levels, it's bad for your blood vessels, it can raise blood pressure, can mess with normal heart rhythm, can cause you piss out calcium ( which can lead to osteoporosis and dehydration ), can mess with normal sleep patterns.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

Coffee smells so good, doesn't taste as good to me. I don't drink it but I like the boost of caffeine so I take it in pill form before some workouts. Seems to help me with intensity on the days when I am dragging.

Caffeine is not an everyday thing for me.

10. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

like everything else its all in moderation. Many studies state positive results on daily coffee / caffine consumption..but like most things, the studies are based on certain stats and many far exceed the recommended dosages.

Tags: