• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Clean bulking with social events

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by remstation, Sep 17, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Everytime i plan to bulk a social event occurs which means i have to cut before hand meaning i cant bulk! How do you guys do it? I dont want to gain fat whilst bulk!

For example i got a buffet to go to tonight and thursday! A wedding the week after! Social events never end lol

2. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Clean bulking with social events

First, please stop using "clean" to describe food intake. Secondly, if you actually care about gaining LBM then stop fearing fat accumulation as it is easy to cut. Lastly, stop stressing over individual meals - start thinking longer term. You sound prime and ready to begin developing an unhealthy relationship with food....

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Clean bulking i meant eating a small surplus over maintaince. Individual meals? But what if this occurs 2x a week meaning i have to guesttimate or prbobley over eat the surplus..i want to bulk on 2800cal but buffets and such means i have to cut prior to the event.

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Also when you do your workout and eat based on your caloric intake what if some days you dont walk 60mins ad you walk 20mins should you adjust your intake with that?

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

just because you go to a social event doesn't mean you have to get off your diet. It's completely possible to eat out and stay within your macros. Also don't do a minicut just before a social event, just fit whatever you eat at the social event into your macros, and if you think you're gonna have a big meal (i.e 1500kcal meal) at the social event then just make sure you eat a bit less before the event so you can eat whatever you want at the buffet or whatever.

You should prolly read the stickies, the only thing that matters is how much you eat and getting in your minimum protein and fat requirements. Don't worry about when you eat, meal frequency, meal timing or the types of food you eat, just try hit your macros whilst being sensible about it so you also hit your micros.

I'm eating at a small surplus (200-500kcal surplus) and I still can EASILY eat out EVERYDAY if I wanted to. No reason for you to have to cut prior to an event, simply fit it into your macros. And what's wrong with guesstimating, being off calories by a couple hundred will do nothing in the longterm. Besides, the more you guesstimate the better you get at it anyways.

WTF kind of question is this? Just eat at a slight surplus and don't worry about minute details like walking an extra 30 minutes one day. If you're not gaining 0.5lbs a week then increase your caloric intake slightly.

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Again, you need to think long term here. If you are shooting for an average of 2800 calories per day then that is no different than saying you are going for 19600 calories per week. It is largely inconsequential if you get those calories identically each day or if you go under/over from day to day. The only thing you are doing is stressing yourself out over things that are not very important...

Walking does not produce a very large energy expenditure. It varies by rate and weight, however you are talking about less than 300 calories per hour in most cases...

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

i dont get it. a buffet means eat as much as you want. that means you can eat a couple normal sized plates of food as much as it means you can shove all you physically can down your gullet

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

thanks for the reply. I mean i can go to social events and jut guesstimate the calories but then i will be off which will result in either eating too much or eating too less. Another thing you said, it is extremley hard to guess the macros in food especially at a restraunt so is it ok if i ditch the macros 1-2x a week? and just guess the macros?

little detail can make a big diffrence. Say i usually jog 30mins but one day i jog 40min, this means i will be in a extra 50-100cal defiect which means maybe im always spinning my wheel. Would it be better to eat 100calories more or less or would it be better to just stay consistent and forget it?

(btw i have read the stickies- meal timing and such is no problem it is the guessing and fitting that is the trouble)

so you would say consistent? just forget it if i dont walk or jog an extra 20mins like i usually do?

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

You think im creating a unhealthy relationship with food and intake?
      count calories has made me crazy!

10. wakamjibu1n

wakamjibu1n Well-Known Member

If you are truly trying to bulk then you might even contemplate removing the jogging altogether (not always the best strategy when attempting to build and retain mass). If you are simply walking then I would just keep intake consistent since the expenditure isn't very high...

Although counting calories and weighing food is absolutely a requirement to build your baselines and learn about your intake, obsessing over single meals is not where you want to head...